Sending Emails In HTML

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Protocol

Sending Emails In HTML

Post by Protocol »

Can I send emails from PP in HTML?
When I have sent them, they are received in plain text.

Is there a setting to change for this?
spc3rd

Re: Sending Emails In HTML

Post by spc3rd »

Morning Protocol,

Jeff's post at the link below & a link he included within the post may be of help to you.

http://poppeeper.com/Forums/viewtopic.p ... 303#p26303" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best regards,
Global Moderator
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Thanks Pete.

Coming in a future version.
poppuser

Post by poppuser »

Any news about this ?
Thanks
mjs

Post by mjs »

poppuser wrote:Any news about this ?
Thanks
Have you upgraded to POP Peeper Pro?

Here is a link in POP Peeper FAQ discussing HTML viewing: Upgrading to Pro: How can I display messages in full HTML?.

As referenced in the link above, there are options regarding HTML viewing on the "Tools" > "Options" > "View Messages" page.

Here is post by Jeff in a topic discussing "yellow bar behavior": http://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtopi ... tml#p33604 that may be helpful.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
poppuser

Post by poppuser »

Thanks lakrsrool for your reply.
I have not upgraded to POP Peeper Pro yet, and i can view receiving messages in HTML.
My question, and this topic's subject, is about to send messages in HTML that is not available yet (currently we can send messages only in plain text).

So,
1. Is it planning - when it is expected to - include in POP Peeper the feature to send messages in HTML?
2. Is there a page that one can see the upcoming features for the future versions?

Thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I would say that there's a good chance that sending in html will be included in v5.0; at least basic formatting like bold, italics, color, fonts and I would like to include inline images. Does that cover what you would expect to see as far as html formatting?

There is not currently a "what's coming" page like there was on the poppeeper.com website, although I may add it back again later. A couple of major features (read: time consuming if not all that exciting) that had been planned for v5.0 will instead be released in v4.4. One of the features (memory management) has become an issue that required immediate attention, and the other (simplified account creation) is just something that was needed. Read more about those two features here.

If there is anything else that you would like to see in v5.0, let us know!
poppuser

Post by poppuser »

Hi Jeff,
Jeff wrote:I would say that there's a good chance that sending in html will be included in v5.0; at least basic formatting like bold, italics, color, fonts and I would like to include inline images. Does that cover what you would expect to see as far as html formatting?
"Tables" support would also be very useful.
Jeff wrote:If there is anything else that you would like to see in v5.0, let us know!
In v5.0 i would also like to see "Virtual folders" placed on top or bellow the Accounts list:
One can create a Virtual folder named [Bank] and move there all received or send bank-related email messages from all active PP email accounts,
and a Virtual folder named [March Meeting Subjects] for emails related to this working project, etc...

Thanks Jeff
Best Regards
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

poppuser wrote:In v5.0 i would also like to see "Virtual folders" placed on top or bellow the Accounts list:
One can create a Virtual folder named [Bank] and move there all received or send bank-related email messages from all active PP email accounts,
and a Virtual folder named [March Meeting Subjects] for emails related to this working project, etc...
Part of me thinks that using "real" folders would be better, but there are instances where that may not be practical or even possible (e.g. POP3).

That being said, it could be a UI nightmare. For example, I have plans to re-design how "real" folders currently work by providing the option to access folders without having to create a separate account for each (that option would likely still be available, because it provides certain advantages). The UI-related issue with this is that you can't use a tree-view (ie. think of how a traditional email client shows folders, and can expand/collapse the folders) while showing columns. That's why TB will simply show a number in parentheses which indicates the number of unreads in that folder. The method that Sent Mail Viewer (screenshot) does this, by showing a list of folders in a separate window below the list of accounts was kind of a prototype for PP. But even with that, there are some potential issues that need to be considered.

So by including "virtual" folders, there would have to be even more careful consideration involved so as to not make the UI a mess. Three separate lists (accounts, folders, virtual folders)? Or something else?

Any suggestions?
fred410

Post by fred410 »

yes, sending html messages would be great !

or at the least - when you "reply" to someone if the original email is parsed in html and then our response would be plain text -- thought programmatically, that's probably harder, since yould have mixed content

thnks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

As a *user* of POP Peeper, I would prefer the opposite -- the capability to compose with HTML but have the quote in plain text (because I like to quote just one or two lines for context, and it's hard to do that when the quote is in HTML).

As the *developer* of POP Peeper, I'm more concerned about how POP Peeper may render the quoted material if it contains HTML that POP Peeper didn't support (e.g. tables).
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Jeff wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:31 pm I would say that there's a good chance that sending in html will be included in v5.0; at least basic formatting like bold, italics, color, fonts and I would like to include inline images. Does that cover what you would expect to see as far as html formatting?
Hi Jeff.
I know this thread is a bit old, but it's exactly what I am trying to do.
Can I create HTML emails in PP v5?
mjs

Post by mjs »

As of this time, sending messages using HTML composition is not yet available.

Other members of the Esumsoft Team will probably have more to say about this as well.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Thanks for your reply, mjs.

It saves me looking further in the settings for something that's not there.
mjs

Post by mjs »

You are welcome :)
jdbliss

Post by jdbliss »

Jumping into an old old message....wondering if this feature will come available sometime? Or if it already is. I am on 5.4.1
Thanks!
mjs

Post by mjs »

^ Sorry, as of this time, HTML composition remains unavailable.

There has been in the past discussions of potentially incorporating this feature in v5 - but as it turns out, at least as of this time, HTML composition hasn't made the grade for v5 (and I'm guessing probably won't at this point :-k).

In an attempt to answer your question going forward - I'm surmising (absent any actual foreknowledge on my part) that you may possibly look forward to the inclusion of this feature in v6 however. \:D/

That said, Jeff would know more about the details on this subject (so keep an eye-out, as Jeff may have more to say in this topic later on regarding your query). :wink:
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Sorry to say, it won't be in v6 either.

To give some insight -- v6 will add Unicode support, something which may be kind of boring to some people (especially English-speaking, with the exception of smilies 😊) but is something that's fundamentally missing in the current millennium. That's not the only new thing in v6, but is what has taken so long.

v7 -- The HTML rendering engine (ie. displaying messages) must be updated. I'm hoping that this will be able to facilitate HTML composing, too.
jdbliss

Post by jdbliss »

Thank you for the information. I look forward to version 7!