Upgrade to Pro

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
omegatx

Upgrade to Pro

Post by omegatx »

I have been a user of your app for many years. I have v. 3.8.1 with all the plug ins. I primarily use the app as a "email header reader" to eliminate spam and emails I do not want to download. After running the app and deleting unwanted emails I download the remaining messages. I have some 21 email addresses that are currently being audited by the app. The spam feature is interesting if it really works. I doubt I will use the app in a normal way, but would consider changing depending on features. What I love about the app is it is perfect for someone who has multiple email addresses. Believe it or not the check of 21 addresses takes only about 5-10 seconds... really fast. :D Here are questions:

1. I plan to purchase the Pro Pack. Will the install pick up my current ini files and the mail box info? There are many email addresses to re-create if the app corrupts that info.
2. I use Spamarrest on some accounts now. If you are familiar with Spamarrest, it uses a white list based system. Messages not on the white list are sent to an unverified box, which can be checked by the user. Persons sending email, who are not on the list, receive a challenge email with captcha, which allows them to be added to the white list. I am assuming you do not offer similar system with Pro?

The upgrades seem to be helpful. I will await your reply to make my purchase... Paul...
---
spc3rd

Re: Upgrade to Pro

Post by spc3rd »

Hi omegatx,

The nature of the issues you're inquiring about require more help than I can provide here. I have contacted our Forum Admin/Product Developer, Jeff, and asked him to review your post here. He should be dropping by the Forums later today.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

v4 will transfer your settings from v3. It will also make a backup of those files as listed under Tools / Options / Storage (it will rename the "data path" by appending "-v3" to it), but feel free to make your own backup first. The most important files are probably the "Ini Location" which contains all your account information and other settings and the addrbook.csx file located in the data path.

POP Peeper Pro does *not* have a challenge/response system, although you can setup POP Peeper to behave similarly, just without the challenge. e.g. you can create a whilelist of email addresses and blacklist all other email addresses. Any email not from someone on your whitelist would be filtered and you could review the email later. If that's something you'd be interested in, let me know and I can help you set it up.
petspy

Post by petspy »

Jeff, I just wanted to thank you for not crippling non-pro over this past weekend.
while I admire all the features you added, I really only need poppeeper to monitor
various inboxes, I don't use most of your plugins - regards from a freeloader :oops: