E-mails to myself not showing up

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Morten

E-mails to myself not showing up

Post by Morten »

If I send an e-mail to myself, or if I Bcc myself, the message does not show up in Pop Peeper. How come, and how can I remedy that? Thanks!
mjs

Re: E-mails to myself not showing up

Post by mjs »

You should be able to email yourself (at one time in the past Gmail would not allow this as the email would only appear in the "sent folder" but that has changed) and the email should appear in the Pop Peeper (PP) inbox as I am not aware of any type of email accounts that have a problem doing so at this time (there can sometimes be issues doing this in some type accounts that involve aliases however).

To better assist you, please provide the following information within the Pop Peeper (PP) interface:
1) The specific PP version you are using (ver 3 or ver 4)? (Go to "Help" > "About Pop Peeper")
2) Provide the PP email account(s) that have this problem (Yahoo, Outlook, Gmail etc)?
3) What is the PP "Server-type" protocol that you have setup (Yahoo, Outlook, Gmail, POP3, IMAP etc.)? (Right/click on PP account, Select "Edit", look to "Server-type" setting)
4) How are you sending the email, through the specific email provider interface or through PP?

Of course it is to be presumed that the email does appear in the email accounts interface inbox successfully.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Morten

Post by Morten »

Thanks for your reply. Here's the info you requested:

1) I use PP 4.0.1.

2) The accounts that have this problem are all from a Norwegian internet provider: broadpark.no. I have three different accounts, or aliases. When I send a message from one address/alias to the same address/alias, it doesn't show up in PP. When I send a message from one address/alias to one of the OTHER two addresses/aliases, however, it does show up. This did not happen with my previous version of PP. There, all such messages showed up.

3) All three accounts are POP3.

4) I'm sending the e-mails through my provider interface (I use Thunderbird), not through PP.

Thanks in advance!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

There is a default rule in POP Peeper v4 that will hide messages sent from yourself. To view these messages, select Messages / Hide hidden messages (to disable it). Messages that are "hidden" will appear in italics. You can then right-click on the message and remove the Mark as->hidden.

To disable POP Peeper from hiding future messages from yourself:
- main menu: Tools / AntiJunk -> Main interface
- Select the "Rules" page from the left
- Find "[A] BCC" in the list and remove the checkmark
- Press OK to save
Morten

Post by Morten »

That did the trick! Thanks a lot!
midori

Post by midori »

5 years forward:

Two weeks ago I discovered this had been happening to me, and not sure for how long it had been happening. Google search brought me to this post.

Unticked "[A] BCC" Rule in Antijunk and yes it worked straight away.
:P :P :P