VPN and POP Peeper

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
viviand

VPN and POP Peeper

Post by viviand »

Hi,

I now use a VPN service and was wondering if there is any setting I could change to enable me to send email as I do when not using the VPN. I am experiencing no issues with incoming mail. Thanks in advance!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: VPN and POP Peeper

Post by Jeff »

If receiving email doesn't have a problem, I wouldn't expect sending to, unless perhaps something in the vpn isn't configured correctly. What error does POP Peeper report? And what port / SSL configuration are you using (if applicable)?
viviand

Post by viviand »

The error is "Could not Connect to SMTP Server".

My settings are as follows:
Send Option: SMTP No SSL
SMTP Server: smtp.mail.com Port 587
The Server Requires Authentification box is ticked

When I do not use the VPN, I have no problem sending mail.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You can try port 25. You might also try regular SSL on port 465. TLS will use 25/587 so you won't have any better luck with that connection. Otherwise, it's possible that the vpn doesn't want you sending mail through it? (e.g. doesn't want to be blacklisted for spamming) I'm not an expert with vpn's, but you may be able to specify which ports use the vpn, so you could configure port 587 to access the server directly and bypass the vpn.
viviand

Post by viviand »

Jeff wrote:You can try port 25. You might also try regular SSL on port 465. TLS will use 25/587 so you won't have any better luck with that connection. Otherwise, it's possible that the vpn doesn't want you sending mail through it? (e.g. doesn't want to be blacklisted for spamming) I'm not an expert with vpn's, but you may be able to specify which ports use the vpn, so you could configure port 587 to access the server directly and bypass the vpn.
Both port 25 and ssl/465 dont work either (to send mail that is),

Thanks for the info. I will check with them and see if they can help ;)
viviand

Post by viviand »

FYI, Support has asked me to exclude the mail server; I will give that a try.

If you are interested there is more info here: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/index ... cyberghost" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well that has done the trick; working normally now; thanks for the help!