Pop peeper launching ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sportman40

Pop peeper launching ?

Post by sportman40 »

I had Pop peeper to launch in Firefox Pop peeper emails link now it launches in Chrome I want to set it back to launch in Firefox where do I do it ?
mjs

Re: Pop peeper launching ?

Post by mjs »

sportman40 wrote:I had Pop peeper to launch in Firefox Pop peeper emails link now it launches in Chrome I want to set it back to launch in Firefox where do I do it ?
OK, it's not exactly clear what you want so I've provided a couple of Mozzilla Firefox Support links either of which may apply.

You may be asking about what email client program gets launched when clicking on email links. If this is the case then continue with "OPTION #1".

Or perhaps it is the web links in emails opened in Pop Peeper that launch your Chrome browser now because you've presumably changed your default browser and your asking for web links that are in emails you open in Pop Peeper to instead launch (open in) Firefox. If this is the case then go to "OPTION #2"

OPTION #1: Assuming your are talking about what email client gets launched for email links in your Firefox browser.

Each browser will launch the email client of choice based on settings unique to each browser. If Pop Peeper was already launching in Firefox and you made no changes then it should still launch on email links using the Firefox browser. Chrome would have it's own unique setting as to what email client is launched for email links.

Perhaps you've inadvertently changed the setting in your Firefox browser, if so take a look here on this web page: Change the program used to open email links look where it says "Setting Firefox's Mail Client". You would select the "other application" choice and browse to where Pop Peeper is installed on your computer to point to the Pop Peeper program to be opened for email links in your Firefox browser.

Is this what your asking :?:

OPTION #2: Assuming your default browser has changed (possibly due to a recent install of Chrome) so that web links open instead in your Chrome browser (presumably Chrome was inadvertently set to be the default browser) take a look at this web page for instructions to change Firefox to your default browser: Make Firefox your default browser

By following the steps in the link above when you click on web site links imbedded in email that you open using Pop Peeper (or any email client program for that matter) then those links will open in your Firefox browser

Is this what your asking :?:

If neither of the two options is what your asking about then please provide more details as to what it is that you're trying to do.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Pop peeper launching ?

Post by Jeff »

It sounds like Chrome is your default browser so I think that lakrsrool's Option #2 is what you're looking for. It is best if you set Firefox back to the default browser, but you can also tell PP what browser to use under Tools / PPtweaker / Misc 2 ("browser to launch URLs" at the bottom).