SSL CRC FAIL

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
tjpsnj

SSL CRC FAIL

Post by tjpsnj »

Is there a way to fix this by now?
I paid up and am having trouble downloading what I thought was the fix.
In addition I will add I discovered the "fail" when looking to explain why suddenly random yahoo accounts are showing up with SSL error of some kind. I closed the window after resetting it. Couldn't find a log.
Capture.PNG
mjs

Re: SSL CRC FAIL

Post by mjs »

Hi tjpsnj, for instructions on manually installing the SSL plugin, CLICK HERE

As described in that link: Download and open the zip file using the download link provided. After you have Downloaded and opened the zip file using the download link provided you then copy the 2 files (libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll) into the POP Peeper installation folder (typically, C:\Program Files\POP Peeper\). Using your Windows Explorer (I'm assuming you're using windows OS) in "C:" (local disk) you'll find a "Program files" folder (x86), double-left/click on that folder, you'll then find in that list of folders the "Pop Peeper" folder, paste the two files you copied (libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll) into this folder. (you're familiar with copy/paste, right?). If you are bit vague on this, to select multiple files use the "ctrl" key, while holding down the "ctrl" key select each file (in this case two) that are located in the folder where you downloaded the files (typically "Downloads" folder) then right-click on either of the selected files and select "Copy" (from the context menu) then go to the target folder ("Pop Peeper" folder) right-click again on the folder and select "Paste" (from the context menu) if you're prompted to replace the current files reply "yes", your done.

On the comment you posted regarding the recent Yahoo "SSL errors" that you've been getting, regardless whether you've got the current SSL plugin version it happens that Yahoo mail has been generating intermittent "SSL" errors during the past 24 hours but they are not persistent and will generally clear on the very next mail check. These "SSL" errors will most likely get resolved by Yahoo, but don't be surprised if you continue to get them for a while after updating to the current SSL plugin.

Please post back if this solves you're problem updating the SSL plugin or if you're still having problems doing so.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
tjpsnj

Post by tjpsnj »

Gee mr. Srool

Thanks so much for the copy paste info! You must have a lot of time on your hands!

Sorry so long getting back to you.

T
mjs

Post by mjs »

You're most welcome tjpsnj.

So then is your "SSL Fail" problem now resolved :?:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers