Issue with Google Forms inside PopPeeper

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
scrass571

Issue with Google Forms inside PopPeeper

Post by scrass571 »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or usability issue. My child's school sent a school survey in an HTML formatted email. The survey was created with Google Forms. I was answering the survey inside PopPeeper. There were several text boxes on the form. While typing in a text box, every time I press the letter "L (lowercase)" a PopPeeper Pro dialog would pop-up saying that the AntiJunk plugin was not loaded. I use the PopPeeper with the Premium Addon pack.

The workaround was to type an "L" in Notepad and copy/paste it every time I needed it.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Issue with Google Forms inside PopPeeper

Post by Jeff »

The issue is that forms are not supported when displayed directly in the POP Peeper view-message window. Basically, POP Peeper can't tell if you're typing in a form or if you're using a keyboard shortcut.

You can, however, disable any keyboard shortcuts that might interfere; specifically, any single-letter shortcuts:
1) From POP Peeper's main menu, select Tools / PPtweaker
2) Select the "Shortcuts" page on the left
3) On the right page, top-left, change the "Window" to "Message"
4) The two shortcuts that might cause the most problems are:
- AntiJunk: Mark as Junk
- AntiJunk: Mark as Legit
5) Select each one, and press the "Assign" button which will assign the key to "none" and remove that shortcut
6) Press OK to save

Now, I should warn you that there may still be some potential issues with attempting to fill out forms directly within POP Peeper. You may be better off accessing the email directly to fill out the form.