Hughes net email

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jcarra8963

Hughes net email

Post by jcarra8963 »

On the free version my Hughes.net email is not showing up in the view area. I do get a number of messages indicated.
mjs

Re: Hughes net email

Post by mjs »

What version of POP Peeper are you using?

You've said the "free version", does this mean POP Peeper version 3 or version 4 and only using the "trial" version for now?

If I'm understanding you correctly you are saying that messages are not showing up in the "inbox" area of the main POP Peeper interface even though the counters do display there are emails or are you perhaps saying that you're not able to view the email messages (that is open the message in the "view message" interface)?, please clarify.

What "Server type" are you using (IMAP, POP3)?

Are you getting any errors?, if so please provide.

Thank you.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Hughes net email

Post by Jeff »

Check to see if POP Peeper is only retrieving the number of messages. There are 2 possibilities (global and per-account):
1) Global:
a) From the main menu, select Tools / Options
b) Select the "Message Retrieval" page
c) Depending on the type of account, make sure that corresponding "Default retrieval option" (top 3 dropdown boxes) is not set to "number of messages"
d) If it is, change it to one of the other options, press OK and test the account
e) If it wasn't, while you're still in the Options, select the "General" page and make sure that "Advanced Options" is enabled (needed for the "per-account" setting)

2) Per-account
a) Edit the account by right-clicking on it and select "edit"
b) Select the "Advanced" page
c) Make sure the "Retrieval option" is not "number of messages"