Configuring Chimes

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
wtgtech

Configuring Chimes

Post by wtgtech »

Chime can repeat a sound until acknowledged and\or launch another program when new mail arrives (optional download)
I downloaded this and installed but it is not working. I am not sure what I am suppose to put in command under settings. I currently have it mapped to a .wav file but I am not sure if that is correct. I want the notification to chime until the email in the inbox is opened.

Thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Configuring Chimes

Post by Jeff »

It will chime until POP Peeper is opened. If POP Peeper is already open when new email arrives... (had to test it to find out) then it will play once but not repeat.

If you have a wav file that you want to repeat, then you should be using the "sound" tab instead of the "command" tab. The command tab will kick off your default "wav" player (e.g. Windows Media Player) instead of using an internal player. That may be why nothing is happening if your default wav player isn't setup correctly. Make sure you disable the "enable command" checkbox on the 'command' page when you set the "sound" settings.
wtgtech

Post by wtgtech »

If POP Peeper is not opened will the balloon box appear?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The tray icon balloon tip (Tools / Options / Notification) will appear in both cases: whether POP Peeper is opened or minimized when you receive new email.

All notifications will work when POP Peeper is minimized, it's just that some won't activate if PP is already opened.

And to clarify what I mean by "open" in this case -- I mean that the window is open on the desktop (however, it can be "open" and not necessarily visible if obscured by other windows). Basically, if the POP Peeper icon is listed in the taskbar (and I'm not referring to the tray/notification area), then it's "open."