PP 4.0.1 does not remember Last save dir

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Froulik

PP 4.0.1 does not remember Last save dir

Post by Froulik »

Hi
After been using PopPeeper 3 for years, I updated to v4.0.1 a few weeks ago, and found this version as pleasant and easy to use.
But one thing bothers me : Pop Peeper does not remember the folder I use to save attachments.
When I receive an email with an attachment I save it in a specific folder named "download".
I was not able to find an option like "remember last save folder" or something...
In PopPeeper.ini I found a line about that (?) that PopPeeper wrote itself :
LastSaveDir = D:\internet\Download
But every time I save an attachment, PopPeeper uses my "Documents" folder instead.
How can I manage to make poppeeper always use the folder I chose to copy my attachments ?

Thank you for reply

I'm using windows seven x64.
mjs

Re: PP 4.0.1 does not remember Last save dir

Post by mjs »

Pop Peeper (PP) should "recall" what the path was where you last saved a file based on the .ini value you've mentioned in your post. It is likely that you may have PP using a UAC-protected folder based on what you have the "ini location:" path value set to in "Tools" > "Options" > "Storage". That is if the "ini location:" starts out with "C:\Program Files..." then you'll need to follow the instructions provided by Jeff in the link posted below.

Click HERE for an explanation on what to do regarding this (topic discusses how, why and what to do when PP settings do not get saved in the event that UAC-protected folders are used for PP storage files which is the same principle in your case if your PP storage files start out with "C:\Program Files...").

If you needed to do the steps described in the link above then after you've finished the next line below step 7 in the post linked above, the value in the "Data path:" should look similar to the following: "C:\users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper\POP Peeper". Disregard the discussion below this in the link above regarding "login name" and "password" as this was only relevant to that specific topic, in your case the issue is PP saving files in the same path as the path used to save the previously saved file.

After following the steps provided in the link above, PP should save files in the same path and folder as the last path and folder that was used previously.

Post back and let us know how this worked out.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Froulik

Post by Froulik »

Thank you, lakrsrool, for being so reactive :)
I followed the link you provided (btw, thanks to Jeff too) and did what was explained : move the ini file to appdata.... folder
And, yes, it works =D>
I will pay attention during next days but it seems to be all right.
Regards :wink:
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Froulik -- glad that did the trick. I have an unrelated question based on something that you mentioned. Had you disabled POP Peeper from saving message data? That is, under the main menu: Tools / Options / Storage; is your "Storage" option set to "none" (as opposed to headers or entire)?

The reason I ask is that I discovered that if that's the case, then the v4 upgrade process may not recognize that your ini file should be moved and that's why you had some problems and had to do it manually. fwiw, this case has been fixed in v4.1 and so I just want to make sure that your situation probably would have been addressed by this update.
Froulik

Post by Froulik »

Hi Jeff
You are right : my "Storage" option is set to "none".
Hope this helps :)