unable to configure accounts for 'Send'

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rhodderzpop

unable to configure accounts for 'Send'

Post by rhodderzpop »

I used to send all emails via Poppeeper, but that option is no longer open to me

Until I upgraded to Poppeeper 4 I had 2 edit options on each email account, (about 30), one for incoming and one for outgoing. On the 'Outgoing' you could choose an email client or SMTP.

on my version of PP4 the edit account option only has a general Tab, with no opportunity to edit send options, and 'Compose' or 'Reply' goes to Outlook Express straightaway.

On accessing help the Sendmail version comes up as 3.8.1.0, and Sent Mail Viewer is 3.0.0.0

feeling emasculated
rhodderzpop

Re: unable to configure accounts for 'Send'

Post by rhodderzpop »

have just checked and the sendmail.dll version is 4.0.1.0, but some how this has not been deployed
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: unable to configure accounts for 'Send'

Post by Jeff »

It sounds like you may have multiple DLLs installed. POP Peeper does not necessarily look for "sendmail.dll" so if you renamed a previous version (e.g. sendmailv381.dll), POP Peeper will still find it, and behavior may be unpredictable. If you need to keep an old copy, you should either move it to a different folder, or rename the extension (e.g. sendmailv381.dxx). So, make sure that you don't have multiple Sendmail plugins (or other plugins, for that matter) and then exit and restart POP Peeper and see if it works better.