hotmail Error: Try again later. (-11)

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
hello1

hotmail Error: Try again later. (-11)

Post by hello1 »

hotmail is giving this error for the past 1 month

nothing is changed on the machine every other account works ( yahoo, pop3, imap etc )

even if i try with pop3 i get this error
Login Error (POP3 server failed to process your request)

there is a bad request error with imap

i am able to access my account via web browser

keep up the good work
mjs

Re: hotmail Error: Try again later. (-11)

Post by mjs »

Hello hello1, (I feel I'm being repetitive :wink:)

Usually this is a temporary error.

I'm assuming you're using the "Hotmail/Outlook" Server Type in Pop Peeper for this Hotmail account with this error. What version of Pop Peeper are you using?

1) When you access this account via the web browser but you are actually NOT logging in to access the account but are already logged in (you had checked "keep me signed in") then "sign out" of your Hotmail account and log back in again to see if there is something Hotmail is doing that would block your account from PP.

2) If you are able to successfully login directly into your Hotmail inbox doing step 1 via your browser, then you could consider changing the account to IMAP which would most likely solve the issue.

3) You can also post a reply in this topic with the specific "Error Overview" information that is occurring on Pop Peeper by clicking on the "yellow exclamation" (see 1st image example below) at the bottom right of the Pop Peeper main page and then click on "Copy" (see 2nd image example below), click "OK" then post a reply here in this topic and paste the Error Overview information (place cursor in reply then right-click and select "paste" from the context menu or alternatively you can press CTRL+V to paste the error information at the location of the cursor).
Click on Exclamation Error Overview Window to get Error Overview window
Click on Exclamation Error Overview Window to get Error Overview window
PP ERROR OVERVIEW BUTTON.jpg (6.32 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
Click on Copy in Error Overview Window and paste this information to this topic according to instructions posted here
Click on Copy in Error Overview Window and paste this information to this topic according to instructions posted here
PP ERROR OVERVIEW COPY TO PASTE png.png (15.31 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
Be sure and please post back any progress :D Thanks
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: hotmail Error: Try again later. (-11)

Post by Jeff »

Since you're able to access other accounts without problems, and based on the "POP3 server failed to process your request" response, it sounds like something may be wrong with your account that's preventing POP3/IMAP access. You will probably need to contact Hotmail support regarding that.

Otherwise, regarding the -11 error, try logging into the account with your webbrowser, and if you're automatically logged in, sign out and sign back in. Hotmail often requires you to acknowledge something or another which is only presented after a full login and will block POP Peeper's WebMail access until it is acknowledged.