I can not reach my hotmail account anymore..

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jjvk

I can not reach my hotmail account anymore..

Post by jjvk »

Hi
I cannot receive my hotmail account with pop peeper!
Nothing is changed.

I receive always the error code (-11)

Can you help me please?

Thanks a lot

Jacques

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
Webmail: 4.0.18.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0
AntiJunk: 4.0.1.0
Spell Checker: 4.0.1.0
Web of Trust: 4.0.1.0

--- Error ---
[1: Hotmail/Outlook] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Onbekende fout: Probeer later opnieuw. (-11)

Error message translated (from Dutch): "Unknown Error: Please try again later."
Post edited to translate error message - lakrsrool
mjs

Re: I can not reach my hotmail account anymore..

Post by mjs »

Hi Jacques,

First you might try logging into your Hotmail Client account on the web using your browser to see if there is a message from Hotmail that might be blocking access to your account. Be sure if you're already logged in that you first LOGOUT and then log back in to your account on the web.

If you are able to login on the web using your browser and get directly into your account inbox then this Pop Peeper error may clear up at some point.

Alternatively you may want to consider changing your Hotmail account to IMAP. In general the IMAP protocol is the recommended protocol to use. To do this you would right/click on the problem account in the left account pane of Pop Peeper and select (click on) "Edit", then select "IMAP" in the "Server-type" drop-down list and click "Update" (all other required settings should be automatic).

Otherwise if you want to keep using the webmail (Hotmail/Outlook) server and you're able to login into your Hotmail account on the web using your browser then you can wait to see if this error clears eventually.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Outlook is rolling in a new interface. More information:
http://www.esumsoft.com/blog/outlook-co ... interface/
Telstar

Post by Telstar »

lakrsrool wrote:Alternatively you may want to consider changing your Hotmail account to IMAP. In general the IMAP protocol is the recommended protocol to use. To do this you would right/click on the problem account in the left account pane of Pop Peeper and select (click on) "Edit", then select "IMAP" in the "Server-type" drop-down list and click "Update" (all other required settings should be automatic).
I was having the -1001 error problem with one of my two Hotmail accounts since yesterday. Following the advice above, selecting IMAP in Server type (switching from "Hotmail/Outlook"), immediately remedied the problem and POP Peeper is once again back to its normal self.

Gene :)