Problem with long gmailname

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Jawade

Problem with long gmailname

Post by Jawade »

I have a short gmailaddress and a long. The long address cannot log in. I think
the reason is the length of the e-mailaddress. The accountname is 14 chars long.
I hope there is a solution.

Jawade
spc3rd

Re: Problem with long gmailname

Post by spc3rd »

Welcome to the PP Forums, Jawade!

From what information I've been able to find thus far about Gmail username lengths, I don't believe the issue you're experiencing is due to having a 14-character username.

To get started on determining what the problem is, please post back with your responses to the information requested below:

1. Are you receiving any error messages in PopPeeper?
(Look at the lower right corner of the PP main interface. If you see a yellow icon with a black exclamation mark ("!") in it, please click on it to show the error message. Next, press the [COPY] button, then paste the error message in your next post).

2. How are you accessing the problematic account? (Gmail, POP3, IMAP)
(Click on the account in the Account List, click on [EDIT], and look at what is shown beside Server type).

3. Are you able to log-in to the Gmail account via your browser without any problems?
(If you are logged-in automatically, you must first log-out, then log back in).

** I noticed you made another post, appended to an existing topic which is unrelated to the problem you are describing here, so I've removed it. Please avoid making multiple posts about the same issue, as it can present problems in being able to receive help in a timely manner.

Thank you & best regards,
Global Moderator
Jawade

Post by Jawade »

I did make a new e-mail on gmail with one letter different, and it was working
well in PopPeeper. So the length is not the reason. I can reach the e-mail with
the browser. I deleted the e-mail from gmail, also in PopPeeper, restore the
address in gmail, made the account again in PopPeeper, and it was wrong again.
All settings (IMAP) were the same as the new account with one letter different.

Now what I go doing is kill the account in gmail and in PopPeeper, waiting til the
account again is available (maybe a couple of days) and then again make the
account, also in PopPeeper, and maybe its allright than.

The error in PopPeeper was something like inlogdata wrong.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Thanks for posting back, Jawade!

I have asked Jeff to review your topic here, so he will follow-up with you on the problems you are having.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

Jawade, the next time you setup this account and if the error occurs again please follow STEP 1 that spc3rd (Pete) provided in his post (2nd post). After clicking on the yellow exclamation in the lower-right corner of Pop Peeper and clicking on "Copy" in the "Error Overview" window as described in Pete's post then to "paste" the error information into this forum just place cursor in reply (left-click in reply to place cursor) then right-click and select "Paste" from the context menu or alternatively instead of right-click press CTRL+V to paste the error information at the location of the cursor.

This will help us with your problem based on the specific error information you are getting.

Thanks.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jawade

Post by Jawade »

[Authentication failed] invalid credentials

Thats wat is given on the account fill window. The accountdata is no more
reachable because I removed the accounts. This data comes from a screendump.

Tnanks and greetings,

Jawade
mjs

Post by mjs »

Jawade wrote:[Authentication failed] invalid credentials
That error, more specifically if the entire error is "Login Error ([AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials Failure)", can be due to the Password in Pop Peeper not being correct. Make sure that the password you have in Pop Peeper is the same password that you use for that account when you login using your browser on the web. You should be sure to logout and log back into your Gmail account in your browser to make sure that you still have access to your Gmail accounts inbox on the web.

Question, is this account the only one that produces this error? In other words, you do have other account(s) in Pop Peeper that work OK and do not get this error, correct?

Post back if it turns out that either the password in Pop Peeper was the problem or you needed to log back in to Gmail to resolve the issue.

Just to check out something as a followup, if the account works without any error and you had determined that is was your password in Pop Peeper that was the problem then EXIT Pop Peeper and restart Pop Peeper and check this specific account again to see if the account remains error free. If the account still works without any error then you're OK, you don't need to do anything further (disregard the following). However, if you do get the error again then please post the data paths you're using for Pop Peeper (go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Storage" for this) in "Ini location" and "Data path". You can post a screen-shot if you like, click HERE for help to do this.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jawade

Post by Jawade »

before posting I did all the things you called. I have another e-mail account, also
gmail, and that works fine. Remove and fill in again, no success. The only thing
I can do is waiting till the account has removed from the gmail database and than
make the account again. So I said, I made a testaccount with one letter different
and that was working fine. In Holland, we say: Trow it in my hat.

Thanks and greetings,

Jawade
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Your GMail account may have been setup to require a different password for IMAP then what your regular login password was. Since you've deleted the gmail account, there's really no point in making guesses, so let us know if you can access the account or not once you've set it up again.