Poppeeper jams with a certain emailadress!

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Roy

Poppeeper jams with a certain emailadress!

Post by Roy »

Hi,

I have updated mys system to Windows 10.
Poppeeper is working but mails from my business emailadress make Poppeeper jam!
All other emailadresses work just fine.

Someone who knows what is wrong and how to fix it?

I hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Roy
spc3rd

Re: Poppeeper jams with a certain emailadress!

Post by spc3rd »

Hi Roy and welcome to the PP Forums!

Sorry to hear of the problems you're having as mentioned in this post and your other one.
We need some additional information to try and help determine what the problem is and a resolution for it.
Please post back with the information requested below:

1. When you said, "mails from your business email address make PopPeeper jam", please explain in more detail what happens when PopPeeper "jams?"

2. Are you receiving any error messages in PP?

(Look at the lower right corner of the PP main interface to see if there is a yellow icon with an exclamation mark (!) in it. If you see it, click on the icon, which will then display the error message text. Now press the [COPY] button which copies the error message text to the clipboard. Please paste the contents of the error message in your next reply here).

** CAUTION: When you paste the error message text in your next post, please be sure that your actual email account name is not shown! For example, let's say your email account name is mybusiness@yahoo.com; Please change the part before the "@" symbol to something else, such as, "example." This is to help protect your privacy and prevent spambots from harvesting your email address.

Thank you and best regards,
Global Moderator
Roy

Post by Roy »

Pete,

It is not really an error; the screen gives the hourglass and will not stop.
I have to close Poppeeper via Task manager.
After restarting Poppeeper, the program than just works fine again until I open a mail sent from work.

So no error, just not able to continue working in Poppeeper.

Regards,

Roy
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Thanks for that info, Roy.

Would you please post a screenshot in your next post of what is shown on your computer screen when this happens, so we can get a better idea of what is going on. If needed, instructions for how to take a screenshot and include it in your post can be found HERE.
(This will help us see exactly what you are seeing when these events occur).

** CAUTION: Please ensure none of your actual email addresses or any personally-identifiable information are shown. Just obscure the part of the address before the "@" symbol using MS Paint or whatever other program you may use to accomplish this. Do the same for any personally-identifiable information which may be shown as well.

Thank you!
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If I understand correctly, POP Peeper hangs when you try to open any message from one of your email domains? There may be something specific about the type of email you get from that domain, so it would help if you can send a sample message to us. From the message list, right-click on a message that will cause the problem and select View -> View source. This will open the message source in your text editor; save it to a file and send that file as an attachment to (support at esumsoft dot com) -- make sure you explain why you're including the email.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi Roy, welcome to the forum.

Can you also please provide us with the version of Pop Peeper you are using? (This is available by going to "Help" > "About Pop Peeper" in the Pop Peeper main menu)

You can post a screen-shot if you like, click on the following link for help to do this: How to take a screenshot & attach/insert it into your post

Thanks.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers