More Hotmail problems

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
username111

More Hotmail problems

Post by username111 »

Some of my hotmail accts work, some PP won't display anything. What should I fix? I just updated PP here is the info:
Attachments
wwww.png
mjs

Re: More Hotmail problems

Post by mjs »

You have said you "... just updated PP", what was it that you "just updated"? (if it was an update to PP v4 then you may have an installation problem, see "*" comments below)

If you CLICK HERE and scroll down to "Webmail plugin" you'll notice that Webmail version 4.0.19 is the current version and as stated (scroll down to "Webmail" plugin) this Webmail plugin update involves the "new 'Outlook Mail' interface": v4.0.19 (Sep 14, 2015) - Hotmail/Outlook.com: Basic support for new 'Outlook Mail' interface (unsupported: compose, attachments, folders)

If you're using "Webmail" (that is using the "Hotmail/Outlook" Server-type) which I presume you are then you'll need to be up to date with the most current Webmail plugin just released 10 days ago.

To do this perform these four steps:
1) From the main menu, go to "Help" > "About Pop Peeper" in your PP main interface.
2) Make sure that both "'automatically check for versions" and "auto-update webmail plugin" are enabled (checked).
3) Click on the "Check Version" button.
4) POP Peeper should hopefully discover the new version and update it. (also hopefully doing this will correct other abnormalities you have displayed in your PP module list (re: missing latest versions) and you'll be all set, see comments below)

* You'll notice that your Webmail version is quite old and the "Latest version" is incorrect in "About Pop Peeper" (should be v4.0.19, but is instead represents the old version of PP and it is noted that other modules are blank all of which is incorrect), if the above steps fail to work then you may need to perform a manual update of this plugin (this does NOT apply to most users who just need the latest Webmail update). For instructions on how to do this CLICK HERE, scroll down a bit and follow the instructions "To Manually Update the Plugin". QUESTION: If you just updated PP to from version 3 to version 4 then would you please post where POP Peeper was installed (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\)? And can you also post what Windows OS you have (i.e. Windows 7)? (if you're not sure where PP was installed then take a look in "Tools" > "Options" > "Storage"). Have you by chance renamed any DLL's where your PP is installed?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
username111

Post by username111 »

Ok that worked but all emails are highlighted for some reason and when I try to send I get an error 0 error.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Do you mean by "highlighted" that all emails are either "NEW" or "Unread"?

Then you're sending mail using PP and getting an error, so then after sending are you redirected to the "outbox" when this error occurs?

Would you please post the "About Pop Peeper" image again like you did before?

Also please post the error your getting when "sending" mail via PP. To post the error: Click on the yellow icon with the exclamation mark ("!") in the lower-right corner of the Pop Peeper interface which will open the Pop Peeper "Error Overview" window. Then click on "Copy" in the "Error Overview" window and "paste" the error information into this forum. To paste the information (after doing the "Copy"), just place cursor in your post (left-click in reply to place cursor) then right-click and select "Paste" from the context menu or alternatively press CTRL+V to paste the error information at the location of the cursor.

Also could you address the previous questions I had: If you just updated PP to from version 3 to version 4 then would you please post where POP Peeper was installed (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\)? And can you also post what Windows OS you have (i.e. Windows 7)? (if you're not sure where PP was installed then take a look in "Tools" > "Options" > "Storage"). You can just post a screen-shot of your "storage" information to make it easier.

Thanks.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
username111

Post by username111 »

lakrsrool wrote:Do you mean by "highlighted" that all emails are either "NEW" or "Unread"?
New, read unread, all are highlighted.

All are highlighted. Not sure if it's part of an error or the new way the new PP works.

Then you're sending mail using PP and getting an error, so then after sending are you redirected to the "outbox" when this error occurs?
yes.

Would you please post the "About Pop Peeper" image again like you did before?

sure

Also please post the error your getting when "sending" mail via PP. To post the error: Click on the yellow icon with the exclamation mark ("!") in the lower-right corner of the Pop Peeper interface which will open the Pop Peeper "Error Overview" window. Then click on "Copy" in the "Error Overview" window and "paste" the error information into this forum. To paste the information (after doing the "Copy"), just place cursor in your post (left-click in reply to place cursor) then right-click and select "Paste" from the context menu or alternatively press CTRL+V to paste the error information at the location of the cursor.

views.209
106 Message(s)
Send Mail: Suspended (Too many errors; edit and re-send this message)
* Suspended - Error (0)

Also could you address the previous questions I had: If you just updated PP to from version 3 to version 4 then would you please post where POP Peeper was installed (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\)? And can you also post what Windows OS you have (i.e. Windows 7)? (if you're not sure where PP was installed then take a look in "Tools" > "Options" > "Storage"). You can just post a screen-shot of your "storage" information to make it easier.

Thanks.

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper\poppeeper.ini
Attachments
wwwwww2.png
username111

Post by username111 »

Additionally some of my accounts are still showing blank, while some that had been blank are now showing all emails new and read:

And it appears no account will send mail:

ntags
Error: Try again later. (0)
Send Mail: Error (0)
mjs

Post by mjs »

Great improvement on your module versions, all up to date. :D

OK, first of all, login to your email account on the web using your browser (if you're already logged in be sure and logout and login again), to see if your Email Client (presumably "Hotmail") is blocking access with some kind of message).
username111 wrote:Suspended - Error (0)
Regarding emails in your "outbox" (which I presume is the case for the error above), carefully check the HEADERS of each email message to ensure that the email addresses to where you sent the message(s) are correct. Often times, there can be a misspelling or other issue which is causing the messages to be suspended when you send them. Correct any errors found and re-send the emails.

If this doesn't help, are all your email accounts "Hotmail"?

What "Server-type" are you using (i.e. "Hotmail/Outlook", "IMAP", "POP3") and are all the accounts using the same "Server-type"? (right/click on account, select "Edit", make sure "General" is selected in left pane to see "Server-type" setting).

In that same PP window, select "Send Mail" in the left pane and please post an image of that window in this topic.
username111 wrote:All are highlighted. Not sure if it's part of an error or the new way the new PP works.
Please post a screen-shot example of the above.
username111 wrote:C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper\poppeeper.ini
That looks good, is your "Data path" (available in same window as "ini location") using the same file "path" as the one above? (I would presume so)

And finally, To post the error your getting (instead of copy/paste): Click on the yellow icon with the exclamation mark ("!") in the lower-right corner of the Pop Peeper interface which will open the Pop Peeper "Error Overview" window. Then click on "Copy" in the "Error Overview" window and "paste" the error information into this forum. To paste the information (after doing the "Copy"), just place cursor in your post (left-click in reply to place cursor) then right-click and select "Paste" from the context menu or alternatively press CTRL+V to paste the error information at the location of the cursor.

Thanks.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi username111,

Haven't heard back from you as far as what "Server-type" you're using, so I thought I'd mention that IF you're not using IMAP then instead of following through with the above questions you could alternatively set your accounts to this email protocol. To do this, right/click on the account in the account list in the left pane of the Pop Peeper (PP) interface, select "Edit", in the "General" tab select "IMAP" for "Server type" and click "Update", that's it you're all done. All the other necessary account changes should be automated, CLICK HERE which will take you to another topic, refer to the settings in this topic which is what should get set automatically after changing the "Server type" setting to "IMAP" (verify this is the case when changing to "IMAP", if this is not the case then change your settings to match the images posted in this topic). Keep in mind that the IMAP server protocol is the recommended "Server Type" to use instead of using the "Webmail" (Hotmail/Outlook) protocol anyway.

As a result of switching your Pop Peeper (PP) Hotmail accounts to use "IMAP" instead of "WebMail" (Hotmail/Outlook) PP doesn't have to rely on the currently inconsistent nature of Hotmail's "Webmail" service. Also don't be alarmed by the much longer time it takes PP to do the initial "Mail Check" after switching to "IMAP" which will only occur on the first "Mail Check" after switching protocols, this is because PP has to download all the messages again in order to populate your inbox for the different protocol on the first "Mail check" that occurs after the change has been made, after which PP will then perform thereafter just as it has been.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Hotmail accounts that have the "Outlook mail (preview)" interface were returning 0 messages. This was fixed today in WebMail v4.0.20

http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... atewebmail
username111

Post by username111 »

Sorry was busy for awhile.

I updated webmail and changed all accounts to imap. I have not been able to successfully send mail from any account so far but I receive mail from others and have all previous mails now in my inboxes.
username111

Post by username111 »

Also noticing that accounts show new mails but it's older mails it thinks are new so I mark all as read, then a few minutes later it does the same thing showing old mails as unread, mark all as read and happens over and over and over.
username111

Post by username111 »

Ok, the unread mail things is mostly solved just by walking away and letting it do whatever it was doing. Now I marked all as read and only two accounts show 1 unread mail there but when I look there isn't an unread mail.
mjs

Post by mjs »

username111 wrote:Sorry was busy for awhile.

I updated webmail and changed all accounts to imap. I have not been able to successfully send mail from any account so far but I receive mail from others and have all previous mails now in my inboxes.
What is the error you're getting when you send mail?

CLICK HERE and verify the settings you have match the second image in the topic where this link sends you. In the "Send Mail" window (2nd screen-shot): Sent option: "SMTP", set to "TLS" encryption, SMTP Server set to "smtp-mail.outlook.com", using Port 587, Server requires authentication ENABLED (checked).

Btw, now that you're using the IMAP protocol the Webmail plugin does not apply, but it's good to have the current version in the event you might at some point end up using the webmail protocol.

That said, now that Jeff has updated the Webmail plugin you could of course go back to using the Webmail setting if you want, but if you're able to get everything working with IMAP that would be the better protocol to use however.
mjs

Post by mjs »

username111 wrote:Ok, the unread mail things is mostly solved just by walking away and letting it do whatever it was doing. Now I marked all as read and only two accounts show 1 unread mail there but when I look there isn't an unread mail.
The first time PP does a mail check after switching to IMAP you need to wait until IMAP is synchronized. I had mentioned that after switching to IMAP "PP has to download all the messages again in order to populate your inbox for the different protocol on the first 'Mail check' that occurs after the change has been made" which take some time to resolve.

By the way I had asked about this but we kind of abandoned this route when we went with IMAP:
username111 wrote:C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper\poppeeper.ini
That looks good, is your "Data path" (available in same window as "ini location") using the same file "path" as the one above? (I would presume so)
username111

Post by username111 »

lakrsrool wrote: That looks good, is your "Data path" (available in same window as "ini location") using the same file "path" as the one above? (I would presume so)
Yes. Mail is now sending and receiving in all accounts....I guess imap eventually fixed all errors. Only issue which is minor is tywo accts showing an unread e-mail that doesn't exist. Might delete then re-input those two accounts.
username111

Post by username111 »

Thank you for all the help and advice.

Also, I forgot to mention I highlighted all emails and clicked LEGIT, that might have helped in this whole situation also.
mjs

Post by mjs »

username111 wrote:
lakrsrool wrote: That looks good, is your "Data path" (available in same window as "ini location") using the same file "path" as the one above? (I would presume so)
Yes. Mail is now sending and receiving in all accounts....I guess imap eventually fixed all errors. Only issue which is minor is tywo accts showing an unread e-mail that doesn't exist. Might delete then re-input those two accounts.
They may be "hidden" emails. Go to "Messages" in the menu bar and see if "Hide hidden messages" is checked. If it is you can uncheck it and see if the "unread" emails (that I'm presuming are displayed in your "unread" count) display in the inbox area for your accounts.

Also you can uncheck "Enable display filters" in "Messages" in the menu bar as well. In this case you will get a popup window that will explain what this does. Doing this may help display the "missing" email. You should check the "Enable display filters" again to enable this option after doing this.

Oh and there is the "Show all" in the "Junk View" drop-down list which I personally leave checked all the time that you could take a look at.

Post back if any of this helps you out with the "mystery" emails. :)
username111

Post by username111 »

lakrsrool wrote: Also you can uncheck "Enable display filters" in "Messages" in the menu bar as well. In this case you will get a popup window that will explain what this does. Doing this may help display the "missing" email. You should check the "Enable display filters" again to enable this option after doing this.
The above got rid of the issue, thanks again.