Hotmail no messages

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
josejoa

Hotmail no messages

Post by josejoa »

I can't get any message from my Hotmail account, it's strange because in other machine i get the messages with Pop Peeper. I'm running Windows 7, firewall is allowed, I have the latest version and in the window of the program doesn't appears any error (just check and says no messages) :oops:
mjs

Re: Hotmail no messages

Post by mjs »

What "Server type" are you using in Pop Peeper v4.0.1 (PP) for this "Hotmail" account? (to find this out, right-click on the account in the left "Account List" pane of the PP interface window and select "Edit" from the context menu then make sure "General" is selected in the left pane of that window and refer to what you see in the "Server Type" option to determine this).

If you happen to be using "Webmail" that is using the "Hotmail/Outlook" Server-type then what "Webmail" Plugin version are you using? (to determine this go to "Help" > "About Pop Peeper") In regards to using "Webmail", if you CLICK HERE and scroll down to the "Webmail" plugin, notice that the most current Webmail plugin is version 4.0.20. Click on the "Version History" link at the bottom to "show all" version updates and also notice that the last 3 Webmail plugin versions are to fix Hotmail issues. Most importantly notice the issue version 4.0.18 addressed quote: "v4.0.18 (Aug 06, 2015) - Hotmail/Outlook.com: Fixed issue with Hotmail accounts reporting 0 messages". If you are using the "Hotmail/Outlook" Server-type and you do not have at least version 4.0.18 for your "Webmail" plugin (which most likely applies to your issue) then you will need to update this plugin. If an update is needed then click on the "Check Version" button in the "Help" > "About Pop Peeper" window.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
josejoa

Re: Hotmail no messages

Post by josejoa »

Now it works, i don't know what happened before, thank you very much for all your explanations :P