Issues with Hotmail/Outlook.com (-31 error)

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Dixon Butz

Re: Issues with Hotmail/Outlook.com (-31 error)

Post by Dixon Butz »

lakrsrool wrote:
Dixon Butz wrote:
lakrsrool wrote:You can edit the "time zone" values in the "Options" settings (click on "gear" icon top-right of inbox interface) of the Hotmail account and from there click on the "Account details (password, addresses, time zone)" option within the "Managing your account" settings (top-left) of that Hotmail "Options" interface.
It is actually options, general, region and time zone using the preview interface. Mine was already set to EST.
And even set to your (correct) "EST" time-zone your saying that it's still 4 hours off (behind)?

If so, apparently just another "improvement" with the "new" Hotmail interface. :? :wink:
Yes, still 4 hours behind.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Dixon Butz wrote:
lakrsrool wrote:
Dixon Butz wrote:
It is actually options, general, region and time zone using the preview interface. Mine was already set to EST.
And even set to your (correct) "EST" time-zone your saying that it's still 4 hours off (behind)?

If so, apparently just another "improvement" with the "new" Hotmail interface. :? :wink:
Yes, still 4 hours behind.
That's interesting because my time-stamp involves using the "old" interface (w/out "preview) and is correct for my time-zone.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

OK, I just tested with a "test" account I have using the "new" Hotmail interface (w/ Preview) and my time-zone stamp is working fine (using PST).

So I guess we maybe can't blame the "new" interface after all.

Addendum: I switched the "test" account to EST and I get the correct 3 hour later time difference in my case.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Dixon Butz

Post by Dixon Butz »

The timestamps are correct in the preview webpage.
The timezone is correct on my PC.
I changed the timezone on preview to CST. I'll see if it changes anything. Nope. Just got a mail in PP stamped 234PM. Wait what? It's 704PM here.
Changed back to EST and off 4hrs again.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The timezone issue should be fixed now, WebMail v4.0.23.

Same procedure as before to update the webmail plugin.

However, existing messages won't update their information after you update the plugin. You'll have to use the trick to remove messages and force PP to download them again:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... veFromList
Dixon Butz

Post by Dixon Butz »

works ty!
MegaMatt

Post by MegaMatt »

Jeff wrote:The fix for the delete issue was just released in WebMail v4.0.22; here's how to get it:
1) From PP's main menu, select Help/About
2) Make sure that both "automatically check for updates" and "auto-update webmail plugin" are enabled
3) Press "Check version"
4) It should auto-update
5) I recommend exiting/restart PP to make sure that the updated webmail plugin is being used.

Please check that deleting works for those previously affected accounts and let me know that it works for them (or not).
Thanks Jeff - The new 4.0.23 works great! Awesome job, as always.