Return to old Poppeeper..PLEASE

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
wmn36

Return to old Poppeeper..PLEASE

Post by wmn36 »

PopPeeper, Is there any way I can return to the PopPeeper you had in use a YEAR ago, PLEASE?
The current setup is driving me crazy. It's Nuts! :?
Bill Noyes
Last edited by spc3rd on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Email link redacted for security reasons & topic moved from Suggestions to Tech Support for better exposure.
spc3rd

Re: Return to old Poppeeper..PLEASE

Post by spc3rd »

Welcome to the PP Forum, Bill.

To address your inquiry, please begin by reading the following information provided by Jeff HERE.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Also, since you originally posted in the "suggestions" forum, it would be beneficial if you told us what you found so egregious so that it could be tweaked.
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

i felt the same way Bill. as much as i like Pop Peeper. they have made it a simple program more complicated. maybe time to bring in a
pop pepper light, for people that simply want something to check mail.

I am here, because you guessed it... pop peeper started acting up today.
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

your gonna hate me for saying this but all this is what lets the program down. its these different issues of packs and what not that are making the program complicated and laborious for some folk. You gonna say it's simple and i'm moaning but a lot of people just want stuff to work and not be over complicated with patches, webmail and such. I love pop peeper i really do even though it seems i moan and I have been around for a while with it. But a lot of people just want one program with hardly any changes to the settings.

its only my input, take it with a pinch of salt.

[Moderator note - spc3rd] This post moved from the following topic link: http://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtopi ... 924#p31924.
Last edited by spc3rd on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Post moved to more appropriate existing topic for continued discussion.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi pop_pepper, in regards to the topic Can't open Sent Mail Viewer which is where you originally posted your comments (above) the topic has to do with the "Plus Pack" which as you should know is an optional add-on to Pop Peeper, therefore as an "optional" add-on it is up to the user to choose whether or not to have this add-on be a part of Pop Peeper so then rather than complicating Pop Peeper I think it is fair to say that if the user elected to use the add-on it would presumably be because of what the add-on provides. As I'm sure you realize, it's not an easy task pleasing everybody. :idea:

Just food for thought. :wink:

.... Oh and of course always feel free to offer comments anytime, we have no problem with that at all as we're always happy to hear from you. We are here to offer all the help and support possible. :D
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Here's the thing about software development: if it's not changing then it's abandoned. You can't really have it both ways.

And while there are those users who have used PP forever and don't like the change, there are also new users who haven't become so acclimated to the way things were and don't have the same problems. And while there's a lot of complaining constructive criticizing going on, how many programs that change significantly actually allow the user to revert the UI back to a similar version like POP Peeper does?

You specifically mentioned the WebMail plugin. There's nothing that can be done about that. The way that the WebMail plugin works completely relies on the interface -- if they change something, then it breaks the webmail plugin. POP Peeper supported WebMail services LONG before any of them decided to add POP3 and IMAP. Now that the bigger webmail services support IMAP, the WebMail plugin is basically legacy that I continue to support mostly because there are still some people that cannot use POP3/IMAP over SSL because of their corporate firewalls' policies. There are also still several WebMail services that are supported that do not have POP3/IMAP access. Believe me, it would make my life a *LOT* easier if I did not continue to support WebMail.

That being said, I'm still not sure what you're suggesting? Are you saying that POP Peeper should have stopped development because it already did exactly what you want it to? Are you saying that the additions (namely, Plus Pack and Pro) should not have existed or that they should have been included by default -- for free or for pay?
mjs

Post by mjs »

I would just add that I think some people may not realize how unique Pop Peeper actually is as compared to most apps. In general apps will typically progress via updates with relatively minimal options offered to their users to retain what existed previously as they progressively upgrade. Pop Peeper on the other hand offers many choices that offer users a multiplicity of variations that can be applied to the app. For starters, the choice is there to add the Plus Pack and/or go with Pro or to alternatively go with neither. Just the various ways to be notified of email are as we know substantially numerous indeed. The level of settings available is exemplified by the large number of tabs in Pop Peeper options alone with all the numerous optional settings provided in each specific tab not to mention all that PPtweaker optionally offers in number of tabs and all the settings provided for each of these tabs as well. Of course the more flexibility provided the user to make choices increases the difficulty to support the complexity of doing so.

Of course I could go on and on as I'm barely covering the myriad of user options available so perhaps the the tool bar alone speaks to the point I'm making. The ability to add/remove virtually anything I want to the PP toolbar alone exemplifies the flexibility that Pop Peeper provides. I use very few apps, in fact Pop Peeper is one of a very few, but if I recall over the years correctly most apps in general do not offer nearly the flexibility that Pop Peeper does.
I can do virtually anything I want with this toolbar
I can do virtually anything I want with this toolbar
This is not to suggest the example here begins to represent how configurable Pop Peeper actually is, but as the old adage goes sometimes "a picture can be worth than a 1000 words". As we know, I can "customize" this toolbar virtually anyway I want (add/remove/position) and there are nearly as many options as I am using that are still available that I'm not using. I posted this because I think it serves as an excellent example of the vast flexibility that Pop Peeper provides.

Of course for the most part I'm essentially preaching to the choir as most are fully aware of all of this, but I just felt it worth mentioning for the few who may be overlooking some of what I've mentioned.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers