new setup - can't get pop peeper to work

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
swanny

new setup - can't get pop peeper to work

Post by swanny »

Hi there,

I'm trying to setup pop peeper for the first time to use it's webmail feature to monitor for new incoming msgs from my yahoo web account, however, i keep getting a yellow exclamation mark when it tries to check/login to the yahoo account:

The log file reports:
--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 3.8.1.0
Webmail: 3.8.0.4
SSL:
IMAP: 3.8.1.0
SendMail: 3.8.1.0

--- Error ---
Yahoo [3: Yahoo] ['' (port: 0)] [SSL: 0]
Error: Try again later. (-1001)

I'm not using any 'email client' programs, ie Note, Outlook etc. Just trying to connect pop peeper directly to my web mail account.

I can login to my web account through a browser without any problems.
I've also tried disabling my firewall but still get the same error msg/yellow exclamation.

Note: There is a web filter installed on the laptop (as this is a corporate laptop) called 'Unified Agent' which blocks certain web sites but i doubt this is related to the problem, as when it blocks any page web page, it will let you know and i haven't anything reported in regards to pop peeper.

Pls advise if i'm doing something wrong in my setup.

Thanks, David.
mjs

Re: new setup - can't get pop peeper to work

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum David,

Since you are using Pop Peeper version 3, it is recommended that you take a look at this: POP Peeper v4, note point #1 in this link: "v3 will no longer receive any WebMail updates".
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: new setup - can't get pop peeper to work

Post by Jeff »

The download link for POP Peeper v4 is referenced in the topic that lakrsrool mentioned, but here it is for easier access:
http://www.esumsoft.com/download/

Also, after you install v4, you may want to try editing the Yahoo account and change the "server type" to IMAP. IMAP is preferable, but if that doesn't work, you can switch it back to "Yahoo" and try that.

Let us know if you have any problems.