Pop Peeper has stopped picking up one of my hotmail email accounts

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
doomdoom88

Pop Peeper has stopped picking up one of my hotmail email accounts

Post by doomdoom88 »

Hello,
I have 3 hotmail accounts but for some reason the 1 account stopped working a couple of days ago and I've not been able to receive any emails from it since. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Pop Peeper but its still the same :(
Can anyone help please?
Thanks
mjs

Re: Pop Peeper has stopped picking up one of my hotmail email accounts

Post by mjs »

Hi doomdoom88, welcome to the forum.

Please answer the following questions:

1) What version of Pop Peeper are you using? (go to "Help" > "About Pop Peeper" for this information)

2) While you are in "About Pop Peeper", if you are using the "Hotmail/Outlook" Server type setting (see question 3 below) then please post the "Webmail" plugin version you are using?

3) What "Server type" are you using? (i.e. Hotmail/Outlook, IMAP, POP3) To check this edit your account (right-click on account) click on "Edit", then make sure your on the "General" tab and post the "Server type" setting you see on this page.

4) Are you getting an error? If so then please post the error information for this problem account. To do this, click on the Yellow Exclamation icon in lower right corner of Pop Peeper main interface, click the "Copy" button and paste this information to this topic (place cursor in your reply, right-click and select "Paste").

Thank you
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
doomdoom88

Post by doomdoom88 »

Hello,
Thanks for your quick response :)
1. i'm using Pop Peeper version v4.0.1
2. I'm using Webmail 4.0.24.0
3. i'm using Hotmail/Outlook setting
4. I'm not getting any error or underline under the account, it looks like its working but no emails appear :(
Thanks
Doomdoom88
mjs

Post by mjs »

Go to "Messages" and uncheck the "Enable display filters" option and see if any messages display for the problem account that did not display before. (you will get a popup window that will explain what this does)

If that doesn't help, try exiting and restarting Pop Peeper.

Have you tried rebooting your computer?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
doomdoom88

Post by doomdoom88 »

Hello,
I have just tried the "Enable display filters" option but its still not displaying the emails :(
I have also tried rebooting both my laptop and pop peeper but still no emails.
Can you think of anything else?
I have been using Pop peeper for years and it will be a real shame if I have to move to another software.
Thanks
Doomdoom88
mjs

Post by mjs »

When you login to your Hotmail account on the web using your browser, how many messages do you see in that inbox that are not displayed in the Pop Peeper inbox for that same account?

Does the Pop Peeper account have zero message counts in the left pane of the Pop Peeper interface for that same account?

Right-click on that specific problem account (in the left pane) in Pop Peeper and click on "Check Mail". When you do this make a note of what you see in the Pop Peeper status bar at the bottom of the Pop Peeper page and post back what it is you observed.

Thanks for your patience and help.
doomdoom88

Post by doomdoom88 »

Hello,
There's 3 unread messages and 1 read message in my inbox when I sign in to hotmail online.
Yes it shows zero message counts in the left pane of the Pop Peeper.
When I click Check Mail on that account it quickly says receiving inbox and that's it.
Thanks
Doomdoom88
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

doomdoom88 -- Please email me so that I can get logs from you and see what's wrong (I'll supply instructions for logging via email).

Also, be sure to re-enable display filters under the main "Messages" menu.
doomdoom88

Post by doomdoom88 »

What's your email address for me to send you a an email? Thanks
mjs

Post by mjs »

OK, the "webmail" protocol for Hotmail/Outlook may be causing this issue which in that case the webmail plugin would need to be updated by Jeff.

In the meantime would you please go to this topic by CLICKING HERE and follow each of the enumerated steps that Jeff outlined in that post.

If the above link does not help then you can either wait for Jeff to look into this or by the way, just so you know -- just changing from using the "Webmail" server protocol (Hotmail/Outlook) to using "IMAP" would most likely solve the problem. If there is no reason to keep using "Hotmail/Outlook" as your "Server type" it is generally recommended to use "IMAP". Pop Peeper version 4 automatically updates all the necessary settings when editing an account to use the "IMAP" protocol so all you have to do is change the "Server type" setting to "IMAP" and press the "Update" button (you'll notice all the necessary server settings will get set when doing this).
mjs

Post by mjs »

doomdoom88 wrote:What's your email address for me to send you a an email? Thanks
Click on the link that Jeff provided in his post. Since Jeff is looking into this and is requesting logs please follow his instructions at this point as opposed to doing anything else including changing "Server type" as it would be best to resolve the issue as it stands.

Thanks.
doomdoom88

Post by doomdoom88 »

Ok thanks lakrsrool, I have sent Jeff an email :)
doomdoom88

Post by doomdoom88 »

I did email yesterday Jeff but didn't receive any response from you, did you get it? Thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I replied yesterday. I just resent it; be sure to check your spam/junk folders if you don't see it.
doomdoom88

Post by doomdoom88 »

For some reason pop peeper has stopped picking up my messages from 1 of my hotmail account again, can anyone please help? Thanks
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Hi doomdoom88,

Since Jeff was already working with you before the holidays on this issue, I will contact him about your continuing problem. He should be stopping by the Forums later on to provide further instructions to you.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
doomdoom88

Post by doomdoom88 »

Restarted computer and seems to be working again now :)
burtp

Post by burtp »

I have the same problem. PP does not display emails from one or two of the accounts periodically. If you exit PP and restart it picks them up. This typically happens once a day. Also PP has started to get confused about which are new and unread emails (bold font in list) vs. those which have been read. All this started at the same time and I don't believe it is fixed as it happened to me again this morning. I've worked with Jeff on several issues in the past and can provide him logs if he needs them. I am running PP 4.0.1, Webmail 4.0.25 and connecting to Hotmail via Webmail not IMAP or Pop3.
mjs

Post by mjs »

burtp wrote:.... I am... connecting to Hotmail via Webmail not IMAP or Pop3.
Hi burtp,

Since you have posted the above you might want to CLICK HERE and take a look at a recent post by Jeff as of yesterday regarding the "Webmail" server setting for Hotmail accounts.
burtp

Post by burtp »

Thanks lakrscool. Is there an ETA for when PP will support the latest Hotmail/Outlook interface ? I have several Hotmail accounts and only 1 seems to be problematic, although more may join the party over time.

Update: Methinks there is more going on here than meets the eye. After enabling IMAP on the problem account I do receive emails but PP is behaving very irregularly. Checking email on the IMAP account takes about 4 times longer than other Hotmail accounts, often failing with error "unable to send", except I have no mail in my outbox. Also, I just tried to mark an email as junk. I selected the email from the list view and pressed "j". PP became unresponsive for almost a minute and the title bar indicated it was "Not Responding". Needless to say, none of this happens on other Hotmail accounts with the Hotmail/Outlook interface.