No attachments - Cannot send message

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
vonitsa

No attachments - Cannot send message

Post by vonitsa »

Latest Pop Peeper version and plugins on Windows 10.
Pop peeper does not download/show any attachments on all of my three Hotmail accounts.
It does show attachments on a fourth POP account normally.

Also, one hotmail account cannot send outgoing messages/replies.

I logged in on all of my accounts and answered all and any security questions from Hotmail. No luck.

Can someone help?

Spiro
mjs

Re: No attachments - Cannot send message

Post by mjs »

1) Do you have the setting "Process attachments" enabled (checked) under the "Tools" > "Options" > "View Messages" tab in the PP main menu interface to see if this gets the results you want?

2) Are all your Hotmail accounts using the POP3 Server protocol? If not then what "Server type" are you using for the remaining three problematic Hotmail accounts? (i.e. Hotmail/Outlook, IMAP) To check this edit the account (right-click on the account in the left pane of the Pop Peeper main page) click on "Edit", then make sure your on the "General" tab and post the "Server type" setting you see on this page.

3) You've mentioned you're using the most current version of Pop Peeper, does this mean you're using PP version 4.1? ("Help" > "About Pop Peeper" for this information) While you're in "About Pop Peeper" go to question 3.

4) While in "About Pop Peeper, if the "Server type" that you are using for the three problem accounts is set to "Hotmail/Outlook" then please post as well the current "Webmail" plugin version you are using? (it should be version 4.0.25.0)

5) Are you getting an error? If so then please post the error information for these problem accounts. To do this, click on the Yellow Exclamation icon in lower right corner of Pop Peeper main interface, click the "Copy" button and paste this information to this topic (place cursor in your reply, right-click and select "Paste").
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: No attachments - Cannot send message

Post by Jeff »

vonitsa -- presumably, your Hotmail accounts are probably using server type = Hotmail/Outlook. If so, then that explains the problems as the latest Hotmail interface does not have full support by POP Peeper. Instead, you should change the server type to IMAP or POP3 (PP will make the other necessary adjustments) and then you'll have access to attachments and send mail.

IMAP is generally preferred over POP3, but Hotmail's IMAP server is very unreliable, so it's up to you if you want the features of IMAP or the better reliability of Hotmail's POP3 server. Note that Hotmail's POP3 server has its own issues -- it only allows you to check mail every 15 minutes, so you may need to set PP so that it doesn't check that account as often.