Gmail Error: Try again later. (-10)

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
mjs

Re: Gmail Error: Try again later. (-10)

Post by mjs »

pop_pepper wrote:managed to get arund the above by clearing my cookies. Because i have had to manually go into account using the same browser i think Gmail gets it's little brain in a muddle and start asking questions that cnnot possible be answered. however by clearing my cookies it has returned to asking me for my recovery email addresses and i've been able to get into one of the three accounts i thought i had lost. phew

here's hoping i get get the other two back

=D>
Hi pop_pepper, Please CLICK HERE for a post by Jeff back in March of last year that applies specifically to the exact same issue that your currently experiencing now. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Matthew Wai

Post by Matthew Wai »

Jeff wrote:Make sure that you've enabled "less secure apps" as mentioned above.
Sorry, I overlooked that. IMAP works now. I advise the following user to do the same.
Tinerfeño wrote:For me it's working but not using IMAP as server type, still with Gmail, the only one working right. No need to enable "less secure apps" anyway :)
pop_pepper wrote: i've had to change the passwords so many different time i am now starting to lose track of it all.
I think you should always save those data somewhere.
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

well yes matthew i do but sometimes what happens is this

Pop Peeper throws a fit and fails to check account.

I check online to see if i can sign in

however because pop peeper has checked and failed, google has locked the account

I then manually have to change passwords, sometimes i forget even when i have written the down, I tend to keep to a word, a colour and a set of numbers, i have swapped the word and colour around at times. sometimes i get confused, its an easy thing i get in a tizzy if i'm rushed.

thanks for the info above though regarding the issue

it would seem that google are forever updating their privacy and it's all so worrying. I have noticed a distinct forcus on the internet in the last 12 months from Google, to facebook, to windows and apple and all kinds of other sites where they seem to be sliding in privacy rules that hardly anyone cares to read and they are ramping up what they are checking on your computers and devices. it makes me think we are all being monitered in one form or another. Each site wants to know exactly who you are and if the info doesn't colaborate they are rechecking on a constant basis.
mjs

Post by mjs »

So there you are pop_pepper,

In regards to the post to you at the top of this page:

Can you please post what the Server protocol is that you're using for all of your Gmail accounts (Gmail, IMAP or POP3)?

Thanks. :wink:

Oh and btw, in regards to passwords, I keep a file (excel to be exact) of all the passwords I use as I have various passwords that are literally in the 100's for everything that I use. (I can tell you, when I occasionally forget to either add new ones or update changes it is very frustrating so I have to try and stay as disciplined as possible regarding this). :idea: Oh and of course I protect that excel file with a password as well :D, so what I've still always got be able to recall is just one password no matter what. 8)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

yeah will try and remember next time but i tend to usethe Gmail protocol if i can, if i have furture issues you are right i will try and remember to post that little nugget of info to help you guy know the issue a bit more.

that excel scenario seems like a good idea, i used to do that but now use the account name info and the colour of the account to help remind me, this of course could come crashing down on me if i lose pop peeper at all, however my browser normally remembers as well. However with so many mail accounts sometimes that doesn't work as when you update a password it can update across the whole lot if you don't specify which account you are changing the password for each time the broswer asks.
mjs

Post by mjs »

pop_pepper wrote:yeah will try and remember next time but i tend to usethe Gmail protocol if i can, if i have furture issues you are right i will try and remember to post that little nugget of info to help you guy know the issue a bit more.
Pop_pepper, you see this is your problem all along.... (regarding your preference to use the Webmail Server setting for Gmail accounts)

If you really want to avoid these kinds of issues going forward you will need scroll to the top of this topic and click on the link I provided for you that links you to a post by Jeff that explains all of this. Please diligently read that post by Jeff carefully, the point being if you take this advice as prescribed I assure you that doing so will significantly mitigate if not totally eliminate these issues you experience with Gmail on occasion. You will find by following this advise your life will be easier regarding Gmail in Pop Peeper, of course the choice is yours, but let me be clear this advice is to help you avoid these issues that you find so irritating so I'd suggest you take it seriously. (keep in mind if you continue to want to as you say "tend to use the Gmail protocol" then you must also keep in mind that these issues will continue occur in the future)

Btw, just curious, is there a reason why you "tend to use the Gmail protocol"?

Also, how often do you check your emails?