Error: Please update your mail client, it´s not safe!

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
bonbonbillo

Error: Please update your mail client, it´s not safe!

Post by bonbonbillo »

Recently I got an error like this when I use pop peeper to receive emails:Select login is not safe, please update your mail client.
The server is 126.com
Pop peeper version:4.0.1
Hope Pop peeper can correct this problem soon.

Best regards.
bonbonbillo

Error: can not get the letter ...

Post by bonbonbillo »

When retrieve emails. after success of login, got error like this: can not get the letter ...
email server:126.com
pop peeper version:4.0.1

Best regards,

Note: Merged two topics by OP into this topic - lakrsrool
mjs

Re: Error: Please update your mail client, it´s not safe!

Post by mjs »

bonbonbillo,

Have you tried logging into your account on the web using your browser? (your account may be requiring you to change your password)

Please post the error information for this account to this topic.

To do this:
1) Click on the yellow icon with exclamation in lower right corner of PP interface.
2) Click the "Copy" button (saving the error message to clipboard).
3) Past the error message to this topic.

NOTE: Please make sure your actual email account name does not display by changing it to "XXXX" for example.

Thank you.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Edit the account and, if you're not using SSL for both the incoming (IMAP/POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) servers, try switching to SSL. If you're not sure, the error information as explained by lakrsrool should provide us with that information.
bonbonbillo

Post by bonbonbillo »

already configured with SSL.
bonbonbillo

Post by bonbonbillo »

error message copy: (Can't get the letter 1tbiYRDwlUPobvyi1gAAsZ[97], try again later)
mjs

Post by mjs »

Please respond to my post above. I have included the steps to follow to post the error information here in this topic. To accomplish Step 3 (in my previous post), place cursor in your reply in this topic, right-click and select "Paste".

Doing this will provide us with additional information we need.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
bonbonbillo

Post by bonbonbillo »

lakrsrool wrote:bonbonbillo,

Have you tried logging into your account on the web using your browser? (your account may be requiring you to change your password)

Please post the error information for this account to this topic.

To do this:
1) Click on the yellow icon with exclamation in lower right corner of PP interface.
2) Click the "Copy" button (saving the error message to clipboard).
3) Past the error message to this topic.

NOTE: Please make sure your actual email account name does not display by changing it to "XXXX" for example.

Thank you.
error message copy: (Can't get the letter 1tbiYRDwlUPobvyi1gAAsZ[97], try again later)
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi bonbonbillo,

What I have previously asked for is for you to post a reply in this topic with the specific Error Overview information that is occurring on Pop Peeper by clicking on the "yellow exclamation" (see 1st image example below) at the bottom right of the Pop Peeper main page and then click on "Copy" (see 2nd image example below), click "OK" then post a reply here in this topic and paste the Error Overview information into your post (place cursor in reply then right-click and select "paste" from the context menu or alternatively you can press CTRL+V to paste the error information at the location of the cursor).
Click on Exclamation Error Overview Window to get Error Overview window
Click on Exclamation Error Overview Window to get Error Overview window
PP ERROR OVERVIEW BUTTON png.png (13.35 KiB) Viewed 10340 times
Click on Copy in Error Overview Window and paste this information to this topic according to instructions posted here
Click on Copy in Error Overview Window and paste this information to this topic according to instructions posted here
PP ERROR OVERVIEW COPY TO PASTE png.png (15.31 KiB) Viewed 10340 times
Without this we do not have a lot of information on your error and what email client you're using and what PP plugin versions you have etc etc.

Okay looking back to past entries by you on this board it looks like you're probably using Gmail, RIGHT?

If this is correct then make sure that you have enabled "less secure apps" ("Turn on" selected). See this FAQ for another option: http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... ilSecurity. This will probably solve your problem if "Turn on" was not selected before this for "less secure apps"

EDIT: My apologies, bonbonbillo, the above comments do not apply, please disregard "strike-out" comments above. (as noted by Jeff below)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

note to lakrsrool -- in the first post, bonbonbillo mentioned it was 126.com, not gmail.

bonbonbillo -- That particular error sounds like a sync issue between POP Peeper and the server. For several reasons, we need the error info as this will tell us the protocol (imap or pop3) and other settings.

Further, that error you provided in parentheses is provided by the server. "Try again later" could imply a temporary server issue and is very different from what you posted as the original problem. This suggests that the problem is with the server and not POP Peeper.
bonbonbillo

Post by bonbonbillo »

Jeff wrote:note to lakrsrool -- in the first post, bonbonbillo mentioned it was 126.com, not gmail.

bonbonbillo -- That particular error sounds like a sync issue between POP Peeper and the server. For several reasons, we need the error info as this will tell us the protocol (imap or pop3) and other settings.

Further, that error you provided in parentheses is provided by the server. "Try again later" could imply a temporary server issue and is very different from what you posted as the original problem. This suggests that the problem is with the server and not POP Peeper.
Dear Jeff, still this same problem till now. It should not be the problem with the server, because everything is ok when use thuderbird or foxmail client..etc. I only found it with poppeeper, as per messages showed it also said the server do not recognize poppeeper as a safe email client, so I just think maybe you should make some change to make most servers accept.
mjs

Post by mjs »

bonbonbillo wrote: Dear Jeff, still this same problem till now. It should not be the problem with the server, because everything is ok when use thuderbird or foxmail client..etc. I only found it with poppeeper, as per messages showed it also said the server do not recognize poppeeper as a safe email client, so I just think maybe you should make some change to make most servers accept.
bonbonbillo, would you please CLICK HERE and follow the steps posted previously in this topic to provide us with additional error information that will help us better assess this problem (As you see below, Jeff had also requested this same information as well in the post you are replying to today)?

Thank you. :D
Jeff wrote: bonbonbillo -- That particular error sounds like a sync issue between POP Peeper and the server. For several reasons, we need the error info as this will tell us the protocol (imap or pop3) and other settings.
So again, we are sorry to hear that you are having these problems for so long now bonbonbillo, but it seems that you have reported different issues therefore to better assist you; please provide the "Error Overview" information we have been requesting so that we can look further into these problems you are having.
bonbonbillo

Post by bonbonbillo »

lakrsrool wrote:
bonbonbillo wrote: Dear Jeff, still this same problem till now. It should not be the problem with the server, because everything is ok when use thuderbird or foxmail client..etc. I only found it with poppeeper, as per messages showed it also said the server do not recognize poppeeper as a safe email client, so I just think maybe you should make some change to make most servers accept.
bonbonbillo, would you please CLICK HERE and follow the steps posted previously in this topic to provide us with additional error information that will help us better assess this problem (As you see below, Jeff had also requested this same information as well in the post you are replying to today)?

Thank you. :D
Jeff wrote: bonbonbillo -- That particular error sounds like a sync issue between POP Peeper and the server. For several reasons, we need the error info as this will tell us the protocol (imap or pop3) and other settings.
So again, we are sorry to hear that you are having these problems for so long now bonbonbillo, but it seems that you have reported different issues therefore to better assist you; please provide the "Error Overview" information we have been requesting so that we can look further into these problems you are having.
=============================================================================
Yes, I got it and paste as below,Tks.

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.1.0.0
Webmail: 4.0.26.0
SSL: 1.0.2.6
IMAP: 4.1.0.0
SendMail: 4.1.0.0
Chime: 3.0.0.0
Notification Skin: 3.6.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.1.0.0
Snarl: 1.0.0.0
Last edited by spc3rd on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: All error messages information removed for security/privacy reasons. Text has been placed in a restricted sub-forum for review by the PP Team.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Good morning bonbonbillo,

First, thank you for posting back with the info which both lakrsrool & Jeff had requested! :D

Given the sizable amount of 'error message' information you provided, which had personal info within it - I have removed that part of your post to protect your security/privacy, and placed the information in a restricted sub-forum for further evaluation by the PP Team

They should be getting back with you later today.

** A friendly reminder: As lakrsrool mentioned earlier - when posting text or screenshots, please be sure to edit/obscure any personal information, such as the part of your email addresses shown before the "@" symbol. This is for your security and to prevent spambots from harvesting your email addresses.

Thank you & best regards,
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi bonbonbillo,

Taking note that your error information shows that you are getting various types of errors from 5 different email providers (specifically: 126.com, yahoo, qq.com, sina.com and gmail) totaling 11 accounts all using IMAP or POP3 of course, here are a few questions:

Are these same accounts giving you errors in Pop Peeper on every mail check that Pop Peeper does?

Do you have more accounts in Pop Peeper that do not get any errors? And if so, are these accounts that do work (do not have errors) the same email providers that are giving you these errors? And if so, have you verified the settings are the same (what they should be) in each of the respective email providers?

If these accounts with errors are all your accounts in Pop Peeper and the errors occur on every mail check and you know the settings are correct have you tried exiting/restarting Pop Peeper or if that does not help rebooting your computer?

Thanks for your help. :D
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Regarding 126.com / 163.com (I assume that they're the same?), I found this; it's not necessary to read the original question (it actually has to do with logging in via python), but you may want to read the rest of it, as it may have more information:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2779 ... ail-server

Specifically:
"Netease is promoting their new mobile email app "邮箱大师", and they currently blocked any imap client other than their offical clients and several popular clients such as thunderbird, foxmail. I don't know how do they identified the client."

Perhaps you can email them and ask them if it's possible to allow other clients.

One other thing that you might try doing is using TLS instead of SSL. I couldn't tell from 163.com if TLS is supported or not, but it's possible that they are simply blocking SSL connections. Edit the account and change "SSL" to "TLS" (the port will also change to 143, which is expected) and test it.
bonbonbillo

Post by bonbonbillo »

Thank you. But tested, not working with Tls. Could you make it web login like hotmail?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Unfortunately, 163.com is not a very good candidate for webmail access; mostly because it's difficult enough when the email service is in English and Chinese would be an extra layer of complication.

Here's an idea -- which may or may not work -- can GMail access the account as POP3? That is, if you create a new GMail account (or use an existing one or use another email service that provides a similar capability; whatever...) and then go to Settings / Accounts and Import and use the "check mail from other accounts (using POP3)" -- you could have GMail poll the 163.com account and then use POP Peeper to poll that GMail account (using IMAP or POP3).

A similar idea, if 163.com supports auto-forward, you just forward all email to another email address of your choice and then use POP Peeper to check that address.
bonbonbillo

Post by bonbonbillo »

Thank you Jeff
bonbonbillo

Post by bonbonbillo »

Hi Jeff.Today I tried with mail client like thunderbird,outlook, nothing problem. So I just think Pop peeper should improve somewhere