Checking Blacklists, etc

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
BDinger3

Checking Blacklists, etc

Post by BDinger3 »

Messages from a company I need to correspond with are not showing up when I check my mail. It might be my ISP or it might be Pop Peeper. I've looked but I'm not seeing a way to check the contents of the Blacklist, URI Blacklist or DNS blacklist.

How can I look at those? Thank you.
mjs

Re: Checking Blacklists, etc

Post by mjs »

From the Pop Peeper main menu: Go to "Tools" > "Antijunk" and select "Main interface..." to find what you are looking for.

If you go to "Messages" and disable (uncheck) "Enable display filters..." this will provide a message box explaining what this does which will display messages that may have been filtered out from your Pop Peeper inbox.

So have you logged into your Email account on the web using your browser and found the "missing" messages there in your inbox? (if the anticipated messages are not there in your browser email interface then it is not Pop Peeper that is blocking them)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

To clarify the second part of what lakrsrool wrote (Messages / Enable display filters) -- this is from POP Peeper's main menu; not from AntiJunk settings.

Also, instead of disabling display filters, you may just want to press the "Junk View" button to see if the messages are there. Disabling the display filters can be used as the next resort, just don't forget to re-enable it afterwards.
mjs

Post by mjs »

BDinger3, just to add a word of advice to what Jeff posted above when clicking on the "Junk View" button itself which toggles between two lists. If you by chance had at some point made changes to the "Junk View" drop down list selections then it's important to keep in mind that clicking the "Junk View" button will generally toggle between the last two options selected and to avoid any additional confusion if "Show junk only" or "Show junk and unknown" had not been one of the last two choices selected you might not get a list of the messages that may have been blocked from your Pop Peeper inbox. So with that in mind it might be a good idea to take a look at what is selected in the "Junk View" drop-down list when toggling the "Junk View" button to make sure you would be getting any possible messages that may have not been previously listed which to be sure would be the "Show junk and unknown" selection that would provide this (depending upon filter settings).

Let us know if you find the "missing" messages. :D
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers