New Outlook account - unable to send via Webmail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jeff105

New Outlook account - unable to send via Webmail

Post by jeff105 »

I've got several inboxes being monitored via PP, 2 x hotmail and 1 gmail.
These all work fine over Webmail - sending and receiving
However the 2 Hotmail account interfaces look different when logged in via IE - (these could be the old version, that i've never upgraded to outlook view)

I've created a new Outlook account this week (******@hotmail.com), and PP is unable to send emails via Webmail protocol.
smtp seems to work, but only outside of my work firewalls.

When clicking send, I get back an alert box with "Error (0)"

Yellow exclamation shows...
Error: Try again later. (0)
Send Mail: Suspended (Too many errors; edit and re-send this message)
* Suspended - Error (0)

I can log into the account via web browser IE and Firefox okay.
I've also checked the TLS 1.0 is ticked in IE.
Not too much more info that I can find on this in the forums.

Is there something i need to change with the new outlook.com account?
Or something that can be changed in PP to enable the send function?

many thanks.
mjs

Re: New Outlook account - unable to send via Webmail

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum jeff105,

Since you have posted that you are using the "Webmail protocol" I am assuming that your "Server type" is set to the "Hotmail/Outlook" setting for your "Hotmail" accounts including the new one.

If this is correct then when editing the problematic account in the "Send Mail" tab of the account edit window the "Send option" setting should be set to "Webmail". I say this because you have also mentioned that "smtp seems to work".

The simplest way to put it is that if two of your "Hotmail" accounts are working then make sure that the "Send option" I mentioned above is the same in the new "Hotmail" account as it is for the two "Hotmail" accounts that do work. :wink:

By the way, you are probably accumulating sent mail in the "Outbox" tab for this account in the Pop Peeper main interface (these messages will send successfully once the error has been resolved).

By the way, thank you for including some of the error information. That said, I would add however that whenever you get an error in Pop Peeper it is always best to provide us with the complete "Error overview" information. Doing this gives us additional information that is helpful including a resolution to the quandary discussed above regarding protocol settings.
To do this:
1) Click on the yellow icon with exclamation in lower right corner of PP interface.
2) Click the "Copy" button (saving the error message to clipboard).
3) Past the error message to this topic.
NOTE: When this is done always make sure your actual email account name does not display by changing it to "XXXX" for example.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
jeff105

Post by jeff105 »

yes, the 2 working hotmail accounts are indeed set to "hotmail/Outlook" in Server Type and "webmail" within the Send Option.
The new one has the same settings.
I've been clearing the Outbox as they error (

output of Exclamation, as of 5 mins ago:

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.1.0.0
Webmail: 4.1.0.0
SSL: 1.0.2.6
IMAP: 4.1.0.0
SendMail: 4.1.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.1.0.0
AntiJunk: 4.1.0.0
Spell Checker: 4.1.0.0
Web of Trust: 4.1.0.0

--- Error ---
XXXX [1: Hotmail/Outlook] ['imap-mail.outlook.com' (993) SSL: 1] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Send Mail: Error (0)

Currently on a home network and not behind any corporate firewalls (just to help try and rule that out)
jeff105

Post by jeff105 »

I've just noticed the text in the copy data
XXXX [1: Hotmail/Outlook] ['imap-mail.outlook.com' (993) SSL: 1] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

so deleted the new account from PP, and readded as fresh.
sent 2 emails (compose new and reply to) and still same problem.

--- Version ---

--- Error ---
XXXX[1: Hotmail/Outlook] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

Also thought i'd check if the laptop was the problem...so installed PP onto another laptop (Windows 10)
Same problem, output below:

--- Version ---

POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
Webmail: 4.0.26.0
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0
AntiJunk: 4.0.1.0
Spell Checker: 4.0.1.0
Web of Trust: 4.0.1.0

--- Error ---
XXXX [1: Hotmail/Outlook] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
mjs

Post by mjs »

Thank you for the additional information.

Okay try this, delete the new account that is not working then Right-Click on one of the Hotmail accounts in the accounts list that does work in the left pane of the main Pop Peeper interface window and from the context menu select "Duplicate account..." and then continue to create the new account entering only the new user specific data that applies to this new account leaving all protocol settings as they are.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
jeff105

Post by jeff105 »

I don't seem to have the option to Duplicate accounts.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Just to further clarify, then are you saying you do not have this option pointed out below in the context menu when you do a RIGHT-CLICK on your email accounts?
RIGHT-CLICK ON ACCOUNTS TO GET THIS CONTEXT MENU
RIGHT-CLICK ON ACCOUNTS TO GET THIS CONTEXT MENU
jeff105

Post by jeff105 »

no, only 4 options.
No duplicate account.png
No duplicate account.png (5.61 KiB) Viewed 6754 times
mjs

Post by mjs »

My apologies, I should have made sure you have "Advanced options" enabled. :oops:

In the Pop Peeper main menu go to "Tools" > "Options" > "General" tab and click on "Advance options" to enable this feature.

Now you will have all the added functions for the RIGHT-CLICK on your accounts. =D> (so you can now try the "Duplicate account.... " option :wink:)
jeff105

Post by jeff105 »

thanks, I thought i was going mad #-o

Just tried the duplicated account, but getting the same error

--- Version ---

--- Error ---
XXX [1: Hotmail/Outlook] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
mjs

Post by mjs »

Very odd that setting up a duplicate account has errors, have you been able to receive messages with the new Hotmail account?

I'm assuming you would have at least received a "Welcome" message from MS.

If you haven't received any messages for this new account yet then try sending a message to this account and see if the message is received in Pop Peeper.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Sorry for coming to the party late -- POP Peeper does not support sendmail using the newest Hotmail/Outlook interface. If your work's firewall is blocking SMTP, then the best suggestion I can offer would be to use your browser to reply.
mjs

Post by mjs »

jeff105 wrote:.... I thought i was going mad #-o
And you thought you were going mad, join the club. :? :D (I'll certainly try to make a note of this [probably did and forgot :roll: actually]) For some reason older Hotmail accounts are not getting converted because none of my 8 very old MS accounts use the new interface (knock on wood).
jeff105

Post by jeff105 »

Thanks Jeff, it's a shame MS have to "improve" things.

Thanks lakrsrool for your fast responses and suggestions.

I'll try my new email account with Gmail, see if I can find an email address to suit my needs.

BTW, PP a great bit of software, been using it for years.
mjs

Post by mjs »

jeff105 wrote: I'll try my new email account with Gmail, see if I can find an email address to suit my needs.
I'm sorry to say, good luck with getting a Gmail address name you will like. It's been my experience that you won't have much luck unless you pretty much use your own name and your name is not that common otherwise you will likely need a bunch of irrelevant numbers/characters in order to find something that hasn't already been used. It's to bad your work is blocking SMTP because I would have otherwise suggested you try openmailbox.org (certainly you would have better luck finding an email address you might like and it's a pretty reliable service)