PopPeeper 4.1.1.0 doesn´t work with Windows 10

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
zdanov

PopPeeper 4.1.1.0 doesn´t work with Windows 10

Post by zdanov »

Just installed newest Poppeeper..just to find out that it simply freezes Internet connection.And it freezes itself. Together with Windows 10.

PopPeeper installed-internet gone. No Mail checks.
Windows 10, router and wlan. Allowed in firewall settings.
This is PopPeeper Pro with Plus pack.
Now then....?
mjs

Re: PopPeeper 4.1.1.0 doesn´t work with Windows 10

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum zdanov, sorry to hear you are having problems.

Would you please include more details as far as what exactly is happening when this occurs? For example, at what point does this occur (i.e. when you are starting Pop Peeper or when Pop Peeper is checking mail or when you are opening the Pop Peeper interface etc)?

In other words what specifically is Pop Peeper doing when your computer hangs?

Are you getting any "Mail Check" errors? (if so please post)

What eventually happens or what do you eventually do? Does your computer eventually respond once again or do you have to stop the Pop Peeper process to free-up your computer?

Thanks.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
zdanov

Post by zdanov »

Hi..and Thanks for a fast answer.
My computer works fine..internet too.
But when Iam starting up PopPeeper.. it freezes after some seconds. Internet connection becomes disabled and computer is slow.
No messages retrievals...popPeeper scans every 10 minutes..and not at the start.
No viruses.
H
zdanov

Post by zdanov »

PS. I have to restart computer for internet sessions.
And no PopPeeper.
mjs

Post by mjs »

zdanov wrote: But when Iam starting up PopPeeper.. it freezes after some seconds. Internet connection becomes disabled and computer is slow.
No messages retrievals...popPeeper scans every 10 minutes..and not at the start.
Please explain exactly what steps you are taking when you are "starting up PopPeeper". (i.e. you are launching the program from your computers program list or you are opening the api via the systray icon or a desktop shortcut icon etc.)

I have a question; if "it freezes after some seconds" (meaning presumably your entire computer) based on what you have said here in your first post quote "... freezes Internet connection.And it freezes itself. Together with Windows 10", then how is Pop peeper scanning for messages or are you just informing us what your Pop Peeper settings are and letting us know that Pop Peeper isn't doing anything?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

zdanov wrote:PS. I have to restart computer for internet sessions.
And no PopPeeper.
This is to say that you are actually rebooting your computer to resolve your computers locked state?
zdanov

Post by zdanov »

I have had PopPeeper Pro now for some years..and it has been working fine!
Until now.
Mail accounts are OK..so is the configuration of the program.
I upgraded from version 4.0.16(?).. the earlier version..and setting were saved.
It seems to me that PopPeeper is blocking itself and my pc from internet..for some reason.
So therefore I have to restart computer for internet access..even task manager cannot end poppeeper.
And don´t blame me!
I have found a Chrome extension (X-notifier) that does what poppeeper was supposed to do.
No probs.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

A couple of ideas to start with:
1) You may have a corrupted file. Have you tried simply re-installing POP Peeper v4.1.1? I would suggest that you re-download the file

2) It's possible that a firewall program designed to block internet activity from "unknown" programs is... having issues? Sometimes, when you update a program the firewall gets confused and starts blocking it anyway. I've never heard of the symptoms you've noted, though. Access your firewall (e.g. ZoneAlarm, NIS, etc.) and make sure that POP Peeper is allowed access.

If those don't work, try this procedure:
1) Install POP Peeper v4.1.1 to a different folder, e.g. C:\POP Peeper\ but do NOT run it at the end of installation.
2) Open the run prompt (WinKey+R) and type the following, assuming you installed it to C:\POP Peeper\ :
"C:\POP Peeper\POPPeeper.exe" -ini -multi

-> Does POP Peeper run without any problems at this point? (you should see the "select ini file" window)

3) Press the "New" button
4) Press the "save" button -- this should create a poppeeper.ini file in the local folder (e.g. C:\POP Peeper\poppeeper.ini)
5) Finsh the setup wizard; the defaults should be fine but you can make any settings as necessary

-> Now that you're at the main screen, is everything still working? And this is farther than you've seen before?

I'll stop at this point, but if that works, then it's a good sign. It could mean that the original installation was corrupted or a data file was corrupted or even the firewall issue was a possibility. In any case, the next step will be to try to get your settings back.
zdanov

Post by zdanov »

Hi..and Thanks!
I did exactly what you said.And when Poppeeper is logging in to my account..freezes again. Internet connection closed.
I give up.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Email me (support at esumsoft dot com) if you want to troubleshoot it.