Notification Fail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Notification Fail

Post by Jeff »

Just to re-iterate what I said before, the "detect full-screen" will not affect the average window that is simply maximized. However, it is possible to run most browsers full-screen (F11) and this would be considered "full-screen" by PP. So let us know if (1) you are running firefox "full-screen" and (2) if changing the setting helps or not.

That's an interesting technique for options. However, I'm curious if the settings in that program are setup differently? The only way I could see doing it is if all options were available in a kind of list format (ie. think of POP Peeper's message list, but with 2 columns: one for the text of what the option is and the other column for the value).
Chuck7

Post by Chuck7 »

Hi Jeff,
Yes, when I am in Firefox, I run it “Full-Screen” (F11) because I extremely dislike all the screen-space that is wasted otherwise.
So far, that setting (Disable Full-Screen-Detect) Seems to have done the trick since I’ve been receiving All Selected visual alerts.

No, its (XYplorer’s) Options are simply set up over a Vast number of pages. I think that one of the reasons XYplorer is so popular is because it seems to be infinitely customizable. And it’s “Jump to Setting” function is surprisingly accurate; It is Far easier than visually scanning page-after-page-after-page of options. {I’m referring to its huge number of Options Pages called "Configuration" which is invoked by pressing F9.}

Thank you,
Chuck
mjs

Post by mjs »

Chuck7 wrote:Hi Jeff,
Yes, when I am in Firefox, I run it “Full-Screen” (F11) because I extremely dislike all the screen-space that is wasted otherwise.
So far, that setting (Disable Full-Screen-Detect) Seems to have done the trick since I’ve been receiving All Selected visual alerts.

That setting will definitely address your issue. So then whenever you need to navigate the web you leave Full-Screen via F11 to get your address bar back and then once you're where you want to be you return to Full-Screen via F11 again?

You may have not tried disabling a couple of bars which use up a lot of space for example a lot of users leave the Menu Bar (as you can see at the top left area of browser) displayed (which if not displayed can be displayed temporarily if you need the Menu bar via the F10 function key) and of course leaving the Bookmarks toolbar below the browser Address Bar row uses up a lot more area (not shown here):
[attachment=2]Menu bar in FF.png[/attachment]
If you do not display the Menu Bar and Bookmarks Toolbar (uncheck both by right-click in empty tab area to get context list and uncheck)
[attachment=3]Uncheck Menu Bar and Bookmarks Toolbar.png[/attachment]
... then at this point all you are saving in Firefox by using Full-Screen is this relatively small band of space at the top of the browser (btw, for FF I place some of what I might need along side the address bar):
[attachment=1]FF Browser tabs address bar.png[/attachment]
You might consider the option of hiding as much of the bars as you can to see if this makes things easier for you instead of moving in and out of Full-Screen mode every time you need to navigate and/or search the web.

Btw, I use the Pale Moon browser which for me condenses the same space a bit more as compared to Firefox above (oh, and the blue PM button accesses a lot of what the Menu bar provides anyway):
[attachment=0]Pale Moon tab address bar area.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Pale Moon browser (in the case of Pale Moon a lot of what comprises the Menu bar is available in the Blue button.
Pale Moon browser (in the case of Pale Moon a lot of what comprises the Menu bar is available in the Blue button.
FF Browser tabs address bar.png
Menu Bar at the top can be hidden
Menu Bar at the top can be hidden
Disable (uncheck) Menu Bar and Bookmarks Toolbar and you're left with only using two rows.
Disable (uncheck) Menu Bar and Bookmarks Toolbar and you're left with only using two rows.
Uncheck Menu Bar and Bookmarks Toolbar.png (2.93 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Chuck7

Post by Chuck7 »

lakrsrool:
lakrsrool wrote:That setting will definitely address your issue.
Yes, that’s definitely a huge relief! I really appreciate you & Jeff taking the time to help me find that solution!

I have heard good things about Pale Moon & have thought about trying it. (Especially because of the aggravating decisions by Mozilla’s umm, umm, well whatever you call those miscreants.)
In my Firefox when I move the mouse to screen-top, the region of the address bar & search bar auto-display. Alternatively, I sometimes use Alt-d or Ctrl-e.

Have a great day!
Chuck
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Glad we finally figured it out! And I'll have to file that information that apparently people *do* use webbrowsers in full-screen mode :)