Error messages

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rommell

Error messages

Post by rommell »

Hello,
I keep getting error messages when I try to check my emails. here is a copy of the message:
--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.1.1.0
Webmail: 4.1.0.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.1.1.0
SendMail: 4.1.1.0
Chime: 3.0.0.0
Notification Skin: 3.6.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.1.1.0
Snarl: 1.0.0.0
AntiJunk: 4.1.1.0
Spell Checker: 4.1.1.0
Web of Trust: 4.1.1.0

--- Error ---
XXXXXXXXX [0: POP3] ['mail.westnet.com.au' (110) SSL: 0] [Smtp: 'mail.westnet.com.au' (587) SSL: 0]
Login Error (Account is temporarily unavailable.)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX [0: POP3] ['mail.westnet.com.au' (110) SSL: 0] [Smtp: 'mail.westnet.com.au' (587) SSL: 0]

XXXXXXXXXX [0: POP3] ['mail.westnet.com.au' (110) SSL: 0] [Smtp: 'mail.westnet.com.au' (587) SSL: 0]

Can you please help?
Thank you.
Last edited by mjs on Wed May 18, 2016 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to redact personal information for privacy/security concerns
mjs

Re: Error messages

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum rommell,

For security and privacy reasons I have edited your post to remove any references to the email account user-name identifiers.

Your settings appear to be correct based on the basic settings Westnet requires, how long have these errors been occurring?

My expectation is that these errors will clear on their own eventually as most likely there is simply a temporary problem with the Westnet POP3 servers in your local area.

What is your POP Peeper "Polling interval" set at under "Tools" > "Options" > "Mail Check"?

Please post back if the problem persists for a long period of time.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Re: Error messages

Post by mjs »

Just to let you know rommell,

I have been made aware that Pete (spc3rd) has added a link that you can use at your convenience to check the current status of your Email Service Provider that is now included in the following topic: Links to check the status of your email service provider. The topic can always be found near the top of the POP Peeper forum board. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers