Outlook.com/Hotmail Error: Try again later. (-1001)

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Protocol

Outlook.com/Hotmail Error: Try again later. (-1001)

Post by Protocol »

I have started getting the following error on all my Outlook.com/Hotmail accounts.
I can access them via a browser.
Error: Try again later. (-1001)
Also. If I go Help > About in POP Peeper, it shows that my current Webmail version is 4.1.0.0, but the latest version is 4.0.26.0.
But, isn't 4.0.26.0 earlier than 4.1.0.0 ? :?
Protocol

Re: Outlook.com/Hotmail Error: Try again later. (-1001)

Post by Protocol »

Well, it's working again now. :)
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi Protocol,

Good to hear the error has been apparently cleared by MS. :D

Any time you get an error please click on the yellow exclamation (lower-right corner of interface) and "copy" the error(s) to be pasted into the topic (details below).

When you click on the yellow icon with a black exclamation mark in the lower right corner of the PP interface there will be a "Copy" button, click on it to save the error information to the clipboard you can then right-click in your topic reply to paste the error message text in your reply by selecting "paste" from the right-click context menu. Doing this provides additional information regarding the errors you are getting.

In regards to the Webmail version, this is the current release: v4.0.26 (Jan 27, 2016) as you can see by clicking HERE and scrolling down to the bottom of the page where you will find the Webmail plugin Version History.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Thanks for the tips, lakrsrool. :)
I still don't understand the versioning number as 4.1 should be higher than 4.0, but I'll update it anyway.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Protocol wrote:Thanks for the tips, lakrsrool. :)
I still don't understand the versioning number as 4.1 should be higher than 4.0, but I'll update it anyway.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, the History version is v4.0.26 so this is what you will see in the latest version column (in "Help" > "About POP Peeper...") but you are current if you see version 4.1.0.0 (which is the actual file version) in the "current" column, so no need to update. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

I might be having a dumb day today, but here is a screenshot of my POP Peeper versions. In particular, Webmail.

The way I understand it is:
Current: The version I currently have.
Latest: The latest version.

Sorry if I have "current" and "latest" messed about.
I've just had surgery, so maybe my brain has not recovered yet.
mjs

Post by mjs »

I can certainly understand your confusion. :?

The actual file version (if you were to right-click on the Webmail plugin to get "Properties" of the file) is v4.1, but the latest Webmail plugin "release" is v4.0.26 (Jan 27, 2016) as you can see by clicking HERE and scrolling down to the bottom of the page where you will find the Webmail plugin Version History (which shows the latest releasd to be v4.0.26).

Sorry for the confusion, WebMail v4.0.26 == WebMail v4.1. This is because as you see in the Webmail plugin Version History link posted above the latest release is v4.0.26, but the idea is that this would be confusing for people using POP Peeper version 4 to see v4.0.26 in the "Current" version column so the current version column reflects the file version (4.1) that is the same as the POP Peeper application version (4.1), also the CRC = "pass" signifies you're good. I guess anyway you look at it, it is going to be confusing. #-o

What really matters is that you are current for your Webmail plugin. :wink: =D>

I'm sure Jeff will be able to explain it better. :idea:
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Great!
I don't have to go back to my surgeon. =D>

But, I think Jeff should fix this. :D
mjs

Post by mjs »

Protocol wrote:Great!
I don't have to go back to my surgeon. =D>

:lol:
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

This is one of those no-win situations. lakrsrool is correct in that v4.0.26 == v4.1. Nothing critical has changed from WebMail v4.0.26 to v4.1, although it's possible that a shared utility/helper function has changed, which is part of the reason why I bump the version number even though it's essentially the same. Another reason is that people will also wonder why they have what appears to be an out-dated webmail plugin when compared to most of the other files listed.

And as for why "v4.0.26" is listed as the "latest" instead of "v4.1" -- well, because anybody that still has POP Peeper v4.0 would still have v4.0.26 and there's no reason to upgrade them to WebMail v4.1 since it's the same.

This is really the way it's always been done but, usually, some webmail service or another makes a change which requires a WebMail update and then everything is sync'd up. In fact, in releases-past, it's been fairly common for a webmail update to occur before the new version of PP was officially released. But there haven't been any significant WebMail updates in 4 months now (knock on wood) and so you're seeing this kind of weird state.