BUG POP-Peeper v4.2

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Swakke

BUG POP-Peeper v4.2

Post by Swakke »

Hi,

I think there's bug into the upgrade. There is always an icon "New version available" in the bottom right corner and when I click on it the “About window” appears with a red-colored download button. I downloaded the version again and did a new install,… nothing changes.

See screenshots included.
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.06.26_10h39m52s_001_POP Peeper Pro.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.06.26_10h39m52s_001_POP Peeper Pro.png
spc3rd

Re: BUG POP-Peeper v4.2

Post by spc3rd »

Welcome to the PP Forums, Swakke!

In order to more effectively assist you, please post back with the screenshots you tried to include in your OP. (The screenshots above are not visible).

For more info on inserting/attaching screenshots - please review the instructions shown in this Sticky: How to take a screenshot and attach/insert it into your post.

Thank you & best regards,
Global Moderator
Swakke

Post by Swakke »

Second try ;-)
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.06.26_12h21m05s_002_POP Peeper Pro.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.06.26_12h22m37s_003_POP Peeper Pro.png
mjs

Post by mjs »

Have you tried exiting and restarting POP Peeper?

And if that doesn't help then rebooting your computer?

Addendum: it occurs to me regarding the two questions above (which may or may not help, but I have a feeling one or the other might clear what appears to be a "glitch") that perhaps it would be best if you have not done either to wait for Jeff to look into this as he might want to check it out further in order to address a potential "bug" just as you have referenced in the topic subject.

:idea: So if you have done either let us know and if not perhaps it is best to wait on Jeff to look into this issue as this is an odd one. :?
Last edited by mjs on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Addendum added to suggest that the user wait before doing anything in order for Jeff to look into the issue
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Swakke - on the Help/About window, could you scroll through the list to see if there's anything that's not up to date?
Swakke

Post by Swakke »

lakrsrool wrote:Have you tried exiting and restarting POP Peeper?

And if that doesn't help then rebooting your computer?

Addendum: it occurs to me regarding the two questions above (which may or may not help, but I have a feeling one or the other might clear what appears to be a "glitch") that perhaps it would be best if you have not done either to wait for Jeff to look into this as he might want to check it out further in order to address a potential "bug" just as you have referenced in the topic subject.

:idea: So if you have done either let us know and if not perhaps it is best to wait on Jeff to look into this issue as this is an odd one. :?
Yes, I've quit PP several times and restarted it, nothing happens, even restarting my PC several times,... even nothing :-(
Swakke

Post by Swakke »

Jeff wrote:Swakke - on the Help/About window, could you scroll through the list to see if there's anything that's not up to date?
Everything is ok, see the screenshots (sorry it's back in Dutch ;-)
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.06.27_13h53m03s_001_Info.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.06.27_13h53m45s_002_Info.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.06.27_13h54m24s_003_Info.png
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Can you press the "download" button and then copy the URL from the address bar and post it here. When you post the URL, be sure to enclose it in [url]...[/url] otherwise the forum sometimes mangles the URL.
killme

Post by killme »

Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, this is suspicious:
&profile~picture=4.1.1.0 ... &profile~picture=4.2.0.0

I can confirm that if you have a duplicate, old "Profile Picture" plugin, then you will get the exact behavior you see (the "new version" button in the status bar; looking through the list, nothing appears new; "download" button is red).

So now the question is, how did that.... ah..... :oops:

Ok, here's what happened, in v4.1 - v4.2 of the Plus Pack installer (only the separate PlusPack installer was affected, not Pro or ProPlusPack installations), it installed ProfilePicture.dll into the base folder instead of the "Plugins" subfolder. And that's how you end up with 2 files of differing versions... This has now been fixed, and any future installations will actually delete that erroneously-placed file.

In the meantime, here's how to fix it:
Go to where you installed POP Peeper, e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\
or
C:\Program Files\POP Peeper\

and then:
1) Exit POP Peeper (right-click on the tray icon)
2) Delete ProfilePicture.dll
3) Restart PP
-> No more "new version" icon! (right?)
Swakke

Post by Swakke »

Jeff wrote:Ok, this is suspicious:
&profile~picture=4.1.1.0 ... &profile~picture=4.2.0.0

I can confirm that if you have a duplicate, old "Profile Picture" plugin, then you will get the exact behavior you see (the "new version" button in the status bar; looking through the list, nothing appears new; "download" button is red).

So now the question is, how did that.... ah..... :oops:

Ok, here's what happened, in v4.1 - v4.2 of the Plus Pack installer (only the separate PlusPack installer was affected, not Pro or ProPlusPack installations), it installed ProfilePicture.dll into the base folder instead of the "Plugins" subfolder. And that's how you end up with 2 files of differing versions... This has now been fixed, and any future installations will actually delete that erroneously-placed file.

In the meantime, here's how to fix it:
Go to where you installed POP Peeper, e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\
or
C:\Program Files\POP Peeper\

and then:
1) Exit POP Peeper (right-click on the tray icon)
2) Delete ProfilePicture.dll
3) Restart PP
-> No more "new version" icon! (right?)
OK, the icon has gone :-)

Thanks.
killme

Post by killme »

Ditto. 8)
mldekker

Post by mldekker »