Duplicate images when resizing columns in PP 4.2

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
killme

Duplicate images when resizing columns in PP 4.2

Post by killme »

I was resizing the Subject column to make it smaller and then this happened. As the columns are moved it creates some sort of duplicate image in the white space that is left behind. Closing the PP main window and reopening it will fix it.
Attachments
pp-column-display.png
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Duplicate images when resizing columns in PP 4.2

Post by Jeff »

Confirmed and noted. Specifically, the problem seems to occur if the total column widths is larger than the window width and then you shrink it.

btw, a couple of things:
- if you double-click on the word "View" above the message list, it will force a redraw (it will actually change it to *all accounts*)
- If you edit the columns and make one of them "elastic" (e.g. subject) then that column will resize according to the window width when you resize the window

On an unrelated note:
I noticed you said that you have v4.2 but you have the "new version" icon in the statusbar. Do you have the same problem reported here:
http://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6618
killme

Post by killme »

Thanks for telling me about that "elastic" feature. I didn't even notice that before. That works a whole lot better than manually adjusting the Subject column. Maybe it was elastic at one time before as a default setting and after manually adjusting that column it became fixed. I like it better as elastic.

In the About window it says there is a later version of Webmail. Current says 4.2.0.0. Latest says 4.2.1.0. I get a message at the bottom in red that says "WebMail update does not apply to existing accounts." I assumed the icon was showing because there's a later version of Webmail.

I think I switched all of my accounts to IMAP so I can understand why that message regarding Webmail is showing. I guess it would make sense for PP to not check for Webmail updates if no accounts are using it. That's just my thinking.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The "star" icon is supposed to only be displayed when there's a new version for POP Peeper, not webmail. Besides, webmail v4.2.1 was posted just minutes before my post; certainly after you took that screenshot.

Is that "star" icon still there? If it is, what happens if you press it? Are the versions it reports as "current" and "latest" identical?
killme

Post by killme »

The icon stays there all the time, even if I push the button. I guess I just didn't notice that it wasn't suppose to be there. So I am experiencing the same issue as Swakke in the other thread.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Could you perform the task posed in that topic (copy/paste the download url) as it may help to have multiple samples. Please reply in that thread to keep things on topic.