No OAuth2 Button within PopPeeper Existing Accounts

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
searchlight4759

No OAuth2 Button within PopPeeper Existing Accounts

Post by searchlight4759 »

In order to setup OAuth2 in PopPeeper for my Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo Accounts, I had to delete each one, and add it back onto the program.

Only at Account Setup does the button appear. If I try to edit my account, as it currently exists, there is no button.

The FAQs and directions suggest one has to only edit his account to see the button.

I hope someone can clarify the procedure. I am using freeware v4.2.

Thanks
mjs

Re: No OAuth2 Button within PopPeeper Existing Accounts

Post by mjs »

The OAuth2 button shows up when Editing accounts using IMAP or POP3 in my same version of POP Peeper that you have on Windows 7.

Have you tried exiting and restarting POP Peeper?

And if that doesn't help, rebooting your computer?

Thanks Jeff for fixing that #-o (I had thought I'd seen a POP3 w/ the button but was obviously mistaken)

Btw, to clarify - on previously existing Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail accounts that are not using IMAP the OAuth2 button will display if the protocol is changed to IMAP (and of course vise versa, that is the button will not display if the protocol is changed to Webmail or POP3 for these same accounts). So the button getting displayed is a direct consequence of what the "Server type" setting is set to at the time and will apply for either existing or new accounts (of course as you point out new accounts will default to IMAP).
Last edited by mjs on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

OAuth2 is only available for IMAP and only for GMail, Yahoo and Hotmail.

My guess is that your accounts were setup to use WebMail, as that used to be the default for those types of accounts; now the default is IMAP, which is why you saw the OAuth2 button during the create-account wizard. If you edit the new accounts you've created, do you see the OAuth2 button?
searchlight4759

Post by searchlight4759 »

Jeff, now I see the buttons as you described. Thanks.