Help PP Pro Set Up ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sportman12

Help PP Pro Set Up ?

Post by sportman12 »

I apologize for for not keeping one topic I am a long time user of PP Pro am trying to set up PP Pro myself for the first time on a Windows 10 I have questions

1 I see my Display Desktop Alert is small and it was big all the time I ever used it can I show you a screenshot please

2 tray icon big was small all the time I ever used it can I show you a screenshot please

3 Can I have two different accounts checking email separately
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Help PP Pro Set Up ?

Post by Jeff »

I think I did notice in your previous screenshots that you're using a high DPI (e.g. 150%). There is a test version available that should fix problems related to that; I'll send you the link via PM. If you still have problems after that, be sure to let me know.

As for multiple accounts -- yes, of course. Just add another account:
main menu: Accounts / Add
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff I am a disable person not technical I got your PM will you tell me how to install what you PMed me please get back to me
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You just need to click on the download link near the bottom of the webpage and download and install the updated version ("Download v4.2 test 04"). When you run the installer, it's identical to how you've previously installed POP Peeper -- just install it over your existing version so that you don't lose your accounts/settings.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff it worked for the Desktop Display Alert it did not work for the Rotate the number of New messages in the icon it is to big cuts off the number of messages it used to be small can it be small ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ah, yes, the tray icon. Ok, that is still a problem in the test version, so I'll need to address that for the next update.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff did you get my PM
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I was just replying to it when I got notification of your post :)
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff when is the next update.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

There's not a schedule; it just depends on feedback from the testers and how quickly I can address them. Right now, my best guesstimate is that it's probably sometime next week.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff will the Desktop Display Alert matter be included the icon it is to big cuts off the number of messages it used to be small ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The desktop alert is already fixed in the test version for which I sent you a link. The tray icon will be fixed in the next update, as mentioned previously.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff for give me I meant The tray icon
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff is the Tray Icon which Rotate the number of New messages in the icon it is to big cuts off the number of messages it used to be small is this fixed ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman12 wrote:Jeff is the Tray Icon which Rotate the number of New messages in the icon it is to big cuts off the number of messages it used to be small is this fixed ?
Jeff wrote:The tray icon will be fixed in the next update, as mentioned previously.
Which is a follow-up of the previous post:
Jeff wrote:Ah, yes, the tray icon. Ok, that is still a problem in the test version, so I'll need to address that for the next update.
... so yes, presumably issues with the tray icon will be addressed at some point in a following update. :wink: Sorry for any confusion, it is just a matter of time as to when Jeff can release an update that will fix this problem.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Sorry for the delay -- the update was supposed to be released last week, but there were some technical problems that prevented its release. However, it is now available:
http://www.esumsoft.com/pop-peeper-beta/
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff I am a disable person not technical will you tell me how to install
http://www.esumsoft.com/pop-peeper-beta/
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

sportman -- scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link for "Download v4.3 Beta 01 (exe)" (next to 'recommended') and follow the instructions.

If you're using the skin notifier, you can also click on 'Download Skin Notifier plugin v4.3 Beta 01 (exe)'
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff I am a disable person not technical I installed "Download v4.3 Beta 01 (exe)" (next to 'recommended') can you give me some screenshots of the way tray icon with number of messages should look like Example with 1 10 and over 100 messages to see if I got the right fit in the tray please
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman12, if I may offer a suggestion, what you can do to check how the tray icon displays "new" messages is to "Remove from list" the messages from a specific account you have that has messages listed in the accounts inbox in POP Peeper and then do a "Mail Check" for that account (or wait for when POP Peeper does a "Check Mail") to see for yourself if the tray icon displays to your liking.

You can do this if you have messages that are listed in an inbox for a specific email account in POP Peeper. If you do have messages in an accounts inbox you can select as many of these messages as you like and then right-click on one of those selected messages and select "Remove from list" (which will do just that, be removed from the inbox list). Then on the next "Mail Check" these same messages will be returned to your POP Peeper inbox as "new" messages which will then allow you to see how the tray icon displays the number of "new" messages.

To illustrate, after selecting as many messages from an account that you want to "Remove from list" (one easy way that you can do this is explained below) then just wait for the next POP Peeper "Mail Check" or manually "Check Mail" for that account.

To clarify:
Open the POP Peeper interface window and then click on the drop-down arrow (as illustrated) to get the list of accounts and then select an account that has a lot of inbox messages.
Click on "arrow" and select an account from list with messages in it's inbox
Click on "arrow" and select an account from list with messages in it's inbox
All Accounts drop-down list.png (4.56 KiB) Viewed 7842 times
After selecting the account you will have all the messages listed for that specific email account, then if you select the top message in the list and then scroll down to the bottom message in the list and hold down the shift key and select the bottom message this will select all messages for that account. Then right-click on one of the messages and select "Remove from list" in the context menu you get by right-clicking on an account (see screen-shot below).
Be sure and only select "Remove from list".
Be sure and only select "Remove from list".
Remove from list.png (6.81 KiB) Viewed 7842 times
These selected messages will be removed from the accounts inbox after selecting "Remove from list". Now when POP Peeper checks this account again all of those messages that were removed will return to the inbox as "new" messages which will provide you a way to observe how the tray icon displays these "new" messages.

If the tray icon is not displayed the way you expected, then be sure and do a screen-shot of the tray icon as it is and post the screen-shot here in this topic to illustrate what it is that is not displaying the way you would like it to display.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers