double mail client

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
lian

double mail client

Post by lian »

Hello,
I’ve put as default mail clien EM Client and Thunderbird shows in toolbar icons since I activated the pro version - Thunderbird is my previous mail client ans is still installed on my computer. If I right click on the systray icon and launch mail client, EM Client is showing.
Windows 10 64 bits
lian

Re: double mail client

Post by lian »

OK, I saw that Thunderbird is showing when I select one account - the first I created. For all the others and default account, it’s EM Client that is showing.
Windows 10 64 bits
mjs

Post by mjs »

One way to fix this problem is to go to "Tools" > "Options" > "General" (as illustrated in the screen-shot below) and click on the circled button to locate where the Email Client has been installed (where the executable file resides, most likely starting at C:\Program files....) to define the file path that you want to use and select the Email Client program to place it's file path in the Email Client box and click on the "OK" button. Notice that leaving this field blank will use the default Email Client that you have setup in your computer system. Setting the Email Client in this box will force POP Peeper to use what you establish in this POP Peeper interface as the Email Client to be used by POP Peeper.
Email Client Setting.png
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
lian

Post by lian »

I already have checked this option.
pop-opti.png
Windows 10 64 bits
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You must have specified Thunderbird for that one account. Edit the account, select the "Advanced" page and you can reset the email client -- set it blank to use the email client you specified in the main Options.
lian

Post by lian »

You are right. I did not check this - and did not know it was possible to have different mail clients - I must forget it. Thanks again.
Windows 10 64 bits