Font/Symbol/Image issue

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Apesbrain

Font/Symbol/Image issue

Post by Apesbrain »

Just updated to 4.3.0.0 and the little "Deleted" trash can in "Status" column is 1/4 the size it used to be. (Hard to tell what it is.) No biggie, but maybe a fix for next version or some setting to change on my end? Thanks.

Win 7 x64 SP1
spc3rd

Re: Font/Symbol/Image issue

Post by spc3rd »

Hi Apesbrain,

One way to enlarge the size of icons shown in the "!" column is to change the font size by following the 2 steps shown in the screenshot below. (Click on the image to enlarge)
Changing the font size of columns in the PP user interface
Changing the font size of columns in the PP user interface

After changing the font size to a larger one, be sure to click the [OK] button.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This method will also change the font size of other columns shown in the POP Peeper main interface after you click the [OK] button.

I believe there is another method to accomplish what you're inquiring about. I just don't happen to recall exactly what it is. Other members of the Esumsoft Team should be dropping by later and can explain another way to resolve the issue you're having.

Some additional information you may find useful can be found in POP Peeper's Help files.
Open PP, click on [HELP] > [CONTENTS]. In the window that opens, there is a list of topics shown on the left side of the screen. Scroll down the list and click on "Columns List", then click the [DISPLAY] button. Information will be shown on the right side of the screen. Just scroll down the page to review it.

Hope this helps some & best regards.
Global Moderator
Apesbrain

Post by Apesbrain »

Thanks for your reply. The font in other columns is fine; I wouldn't want to change that.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Apesbrain wrote:Thanks for your reply. The font in other columns is fine; I wouldn't want to change that.
Since you don't want to change anything else you would probably not want to change the default DPI setting on your computer either presumably.

Would you please post a screen-shot of how the trashcan looks?

If you need help with this take a look at this topic: How to take a screenshot & attach/insert it into your post.

On my Windows 7 computer (same as your O.S.) using the computers default DPI setting the trashcans looks like this (in perspective to other envelopes both read and unread) and I am wondering if your trashcan icon looks any different in perspective to the other icons:
How trashcan icons look on my Windows 7 machine
How trashcan icons look on my Windows 7 machine
trashcan examples.png (1.27 KiB) Viewed 3193 times
Maybe you could include some other (envelope) icons to provide an equivalent size perspective. (Please be sure and DO NOT INCLUDE PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS INFORMATION in your screen-shot [-X :wink:). Thanks!
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The size of the icons will scale based on the available height/width of the columns. Probably, your current width is restricting its size so you can either manually increase the width of that column or -- better -- reset the widths to the newly-added optimized widths by right-clicking on the header and select "use optimal column sizes". This will take several factors into consideration, including dpi and font size.