How do I update the notification skin plugin?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
baconcheddar

How do I update the notification skin plugin?

Post by baconcheddar »

I made so many backups for Pop Peeper, I don't know which is the "legitimate" one.

I tried pasting the newest opened v4.3 plugin folder in all possible PP ones but still nothing has updated, I'm still stuck at antique 3.6.

Unless, I was doing it wrong?

Please, help.
mjs

Re: How do I update the notification skin plugin?

Post by mjs »

Did you try going to THIS webpage to update the "Skin Notifier" to v4.3 (click on "Skin Notifier (exe)" link)?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
baconcheddar

Post by baconcheddar »

Ok, let's try it, step by step.

I downloaded it.

What do I do next with that .exe?
mjs

Post by mjs »

When you run the installer (.exe file), it is identical to how you've previously installed POP Peeper -- just install it in the same location as your existing version by double-clicking on the executable (.exe file) to start the install, the steps should already default to where you last installed (you have the option to install to a different location if applicable of course).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
baconcheddar

Post by baconcheddar »

Yes, it worked!

I really over-complicated things with the zip file when it was much more simple with the exe!

I gotta tell you it's kinda "bittersweet" because I liked having the notification appear right in the center of my screen instead of bottom-right! It was center-screen for so many years. Oh well, it's the price to pay to be up to date.

Thanks again!
mjs

Post by mjs »

baconcheddar wrote:Yes, it worked!

I really over-complicated things with the zip file when it was much more simple with the exe!

I gotta tell you it's kinda "bittersweet" because I liked having the notification appear right in the center of my screen instead of bottom-right! It was center-screen for so many years. Oh well, it's the price to pay to be up to date.

Thanks again!
I don't use this plugin myself but I assume that you can drag the notifier to where ever you want it to display most likely, so if you prefer it to display in the center then simply drag it to where you like it and it should "remember" this location for next time (I'm sure other members of the Esumsoft Team can confirm this).

Yes the installer is much easier, the zip file is generally only to be used if you want to install in some unique way other than the "normal" method. :wink:
baconcheddar

Post by baconcheddar »

I manually centered the skins, as you said, it works!

Not all were centerable but that's cool.

Again, respect!