Alarm/Remind feature wish

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rey

Alarm/Remind feature wish

Post by rey »

quite often you need to do something about letter but later, or get to remember about something that was announced in email. that's where feature that could remind you on proper date be useful.
so user right-clicks on email, states date(and maybe time) for alarm, email gets mark, on proper date alarm appears on app start(or time if it was specified). than user can either close alarm or set new date/time for later remind.
mjs

Re: Alarm/Remind feature wish

Post by mjs »

Interesting concept, but then that is exactly what "reminder" apps are used for. I can't recall any Email Client that actually does this frankly. Of course the Esumsoft Aeris Calendar would provide this function (and you could flag the specific message in POP Peeper correlating to the Aeris Calendar reminder :idea:).

Other members of the Esumsoft Team will most assuredly have more to say on this. (that's just my 2-cents, FWIW :wink:)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
rey

Post by rey »

for past years i tried few remind-apps and all of them were.. useless. i never was fond of to care some diary and other "personal information managers" 'cause it's much more time to management of list what you need, than the actual doing what you need = if i need to do something on some website, browser need to remind me.
actually first to come to mind app that has a remind option is quite widely known The Bat. yet right, if dev team already has kinda reminder in shape of this calendar my wish may be obsolete./ still i'll wait for answer.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If I didn't have a very recent need of something like this myself, I might have dismissed this idea :) I received an important email in mid-October that wouldn't take effect until Nov 01 (but did they bother to send me a follow-up email when it was more applicable...). Coincidentally, I did exactly what lakrsrool mentioned -- I archived the email in PP and then set myself a daily reminder starting Nov 01 in Aeris (ftr, it's still needing to remind me :roll: ).

On a similar note, I would also like something that reminds me that I need to reply to an email. This is something that I had intended that the "user flags" could be used for, but I just haven't found it to be a practical method.

I could envision a new tab (next to inbox/outbox/draft) called "attention" and it would do something to attract your attention when there are viable emails in there...

Anyway, easier said than done, so no ETA... :|