[Solution] Pop Peeper don't open Win 10 Mail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
neo.nemek

[Solution] Pop Peeper don't open Win 10 Mail

Post by neo.nemek »

Hi, I'm a Spanish user.

Since changing Windows Live Mail by the Windows 10 mail client, I have not been able to use Pop Peeper correctly until now.
The solution:
Make a BAT file with this code ->

Code: Select all

@echo off
Explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.windowslive.mail
[/b]

Save it and search Google for some BAT to EXE online converter, create the EXE.

Finally indicate to Pop Peeper in options the route of this file created EXE and finally it will be able to open the mail client from Pop Peeper without problems.

Now we can open the Windows 10 mail client correctly.
You can optionally add a custom icon to the EXE created with this tool:
BAT to EXE converter Version 1.6

Regards from all....
Last edited by Jeff on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spaces from command-line
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: [Solution] Pop Peeper don't open Win 10 Mail

Post by Jeff »

Thanks for the tip, neo.nemek!

Just so you know -- I tested the command-line and it didn't work as it was in your original post, but once I removed the spaces, it did work; so I edited your original post to remove those spaces.

Also, it's not necessary to create an exe or even a batch file. Just copy the command-line:
Explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.windowslive.mail
into the email client field and it will work (unless you want a custom icon as mentioned).

This method won't allow you to compose email using Windows Mail, but at least it will allow you to easily open the Windows 10 Mail client.
neo.nemek

Re: [Solution] Pop Peeper don't open Win 10 Mail

Post by neo.nemek »

Yes Jeff thanks for editing my code. I find it hard to find the way but it's what I wanted.
I always read and send mail with the windows mail client and I used their calendar, and it bothered me that Pop Peeper could not open the mail client in the same way as before opening Windows Live Mail.

Well whenever I can support the communities I visit poir if someone has these problems, greetings Jeff until the next post ....