Password Issue

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
meson

Password Issue

Post by meson »

I didn't see a thread with this issue, so I started this one.
Yesterday PopPeeper was working fine. This morning I am unable to check my accounts. All of them repeatedly have shown in reset "OK password required". I reset the passwords in the "edit" tab for each account and it did no good. I went online to my AT&T accounts and used the passwords and they worked fine. I have POP3 accounts and AT&T tech support gave me the settings, and they are the same as my PopPeeper accounts, nothing changed. I am using v3.8.1 (I have had no issues with it in the past). Any Ideas??
meson

Re: Password Issue

Post by meson »

I have some further information. I downloaded my email on an old computer thru outlook express. But a box popped up about a certificate and asked if I still wanted to download. That was something that has never happened. Is there a setting or somewhere in PopPeeper that views certificates? Maybe the problem is there.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

No, it's probably not a certificate issue. You're saying that the error that PP tells you is the "OK password required"? In that case, it sounds like something is getting confused somewhere, because that's actually an appropriate response after PP sends the login name (although, it should technically be "+OK").

Do you have any POP3 accounts besides the at&t ones? And, if so, are they working or not?

If you haven't already, try exiting and restarting POP Peeper, and if you still have the problem, email me (support at esumsoft dot com) so that I can get the logs from you and see what's going on.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Actually, one other thing, and it's regarding what you said about the certificates -- make sure that you have the latest version of SSL, which is v1.0.2.10. You can find your current version under Help / About.

If you don't have the latest, download it here:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... ugins/#SSL
meson

Post by meson »

Jeff, the SSL plugin update corrected the issue. I appreciate your help.