Windows 7: Yahoo on email software

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Inside Out

Windows 7: Yahoo on email software

Post by Inside Out »

Hello friends.

I am using POP Pepper e mail client on Windows 7.
This software is made to always notify users about new e mail.

I have successfully setted up GMail account but I don't know to set up Yahoo account.

Please tell me correct settings to this:

Example: What number to enter to "Incoming server", does little box "Password protected" must be checked?

and all other settings...

I hope that you have understood me because I consider that my English speech isn't good enough.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Windows 7: Yahoo on email software

Post by Jeff »

I posted this on the other forum, but in case you didn't see it:

It looks like your server settings are mixed between IMAP and POP3.

The correct IMAP (recommended) settings are:
incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
SSL/TLS
Port: 993
Yahoo doesn't currently support IDLE, but you should leave it enabled in case they ever do (it won't affect anything).

Also, it looks like you're using an older version of POP Peeper. I recommend upgrading to v4.3 and enable OAuth2. The button will appear next to "Login name" and then you can follow the instructions to allow POP Peeper access to your Yahoo email. This may be required as Yahoo has forced this on many accounts (else, you may get a "login error").

The "Password protected" setting is optional. It means that you'll need to enter the password to view your email in POP Peeper. It's a local setting and does not affect how POP Peeper access the account.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Hello Inside Out, and welcome to the Esumsoft Forums! :D

We're pleased to have you as a new member. To supplement the information which Jeff has provided to you above and help you become acquainted with the Forums here, please have a look at the following Sticky topic: Information for new users and forum members.

It will provide you with very helpful information for future reference.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions!

Welcome again & kind regards!
Global Moderator
Inside Out

Post by Inside Out »

@Jeff
I have seen on Windows specialized forum.
Thank you very much for the replies.

Unfortunally the settings which you mentioned doesn't work.

I have used this settings in account creation:

I have entered correct password.
Please, I beg you to send me screenshot of the settings for Yahoo account which works.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum Inside Out,

After upgrading POP Peeper to v4.3, here are the recommended settings for a Yahoo account:

Incoming: Edit account, (right-click on account in account list in left pane of main POP Peeper menu and select "Edit account..." and then make sure you're on "General" tab) Note: by selecting "IMAP" for the "Server type" all other settings will already be set for your convenience. It is recommended that you also click on the "OAuth2..." button and follow the steps to "authorize" POP Peeper (for additional security that is compatible with Yahoo and also does not require the password in this case) Note: you can left-click on screen-shot(s) below to enlarge image for easier viewing:
By Selecting "IMAP" in the "Server Type" drop-down list all other settings will be set for you automatically.
By Selecting "IMAP" in the "Server Type" drop-down list all other settings will be set for you automatically.
Outgoing: (in "Edit account..." select the "Send Mail" tab, where the settings should look like this after you had selected "IMAP" in the "General" tab (change any settings that are different than what the screen-shot below displays):
"Send Mail" tab will look like this (if not then set to these settings)
"Send Mail" tab will look like this (if not then set to these settings)
Yahoo Outgoing.png (6.28 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
then click on the "Update" button near the bottom of the interface when done, you are all finished. :wink:

Please report back your results. :D We are assuming you will have upgraded to POP Peeper v4.3 as previously recommended by Jeff (which can be done from this link: http://www.esumsoft.com/download/)

Note: if this does not work, please click on the yellow "Error Overview" button you illustrated in your screen-shot as seen below and "copy" the error information (click on "copy" button) and "paste" (right-click, select "paste" from context menu) to this topic for our review.
Error overview button.png
Error overview button.png (21.3 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers