Number or Scroll Lock Stays on after Receiving Mail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
TerryWood

Number or Scroll Lock Stays on after Receiving Mail

Post by TerryWood »

Hi @ Pop Peeper

I have Pop Peeper Free. Within the last week it has exhibited odd behaviour. I have it set up to flash the number lock when mail is received. Now when I click to open Pop Peeper and the mail received Num Lock stops flashing (as it should do) but then remains permanently lit. (as it shouldn't do)

Any ideas of the cause please?

I changed it to scroll lock with the same result. I am using V4.3 on Win 10

Thanks

Terry
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Number or Scroll Lock Stays on after Receiving Mail

Post by Jeff »

The LED is designed to return to whichever state it was in when it started flashing. Are you sure that the LED wasn't on already at the moment new email was received? I've just tested this and I can't get it to act otherwise.

- Have you installed anything else in the past week that may be affected by the LED's?
- Does it happen every time, most of the time, some of the time, etc.?

If you're willing to see if you can duplicate it consistently, there's a method you can use to force a new message that's relatively easy compared to other methods:
1) Enable "Advanced options" under Tools / Options / General
2) You'll need to remove (not delete, don't get ahead of me) an existing message that will come back as "new". If you have a POP3 account, use any message in that account. If you don't have a POP3 account... let me know, it will take a little more work and proper settings (don't continue).
-> Once you have a suitable message:
3) Right-click on that message and select "remove message from list"
4) Minimize PP (since the LED will only flash if PP is minimized)
5) Right-click on the tray icon and select "check mail"
-> The message that you removed in step#3 and PP will consider it a "new" message
6) Open PP when the LED is on and see if it gets turned off (assuming it was off when you started the process, of course)