deleting eml files directly

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
lian

deleting eml files directly

Post by lian »

Hello, if I delete eml files from Popeeper directories via Explorer, will it be some problem?
Windows 10 64 bits
mjs

Re: deleting eml files directly

Post by mjs »

Excuse me for asking, but why would you want to do this (delete PP ".eml" files using Windows Explorer)?

Would you please clarify what is your intention?

I hope I'm understanding what you're intentions actually are....

All the PP "Sent" messages can be deleted using POP Peeper of course in the PP "Sent" window ("View" > "Mailbox" > "Sent", from the PP main menu). You can select accounts individually or display all "Sent" messages by selecting "All accounts" where you have access to a "Delete" button in that interface. Also keep in mind you can select multiple "Sent" messages using either the "Shift" or "Ctrl" keys so since as many messages as you might want to delete can be selected as a group, I see no advantage to deleting "Sent" messages any other way.

Note: As far as I'm aware the only ".eml" files maintained by PP are the "Sent" messages for each PP account and are stored in each accounts "Sent" folder in POP Peeper's folder with-in the system "AppData" folder. I do not understand why you would want to delete .eml files from these folder locations using WE. :?

If I'm not understanding your question, please clarify. Perhaps another member of the Esumsoft support team will have more to say.... :wink:

Addendum: I realized I did not directly answer your question: While I would not recommend this and beware if it is not done correctly problems can definitely result, you can delete the "Sent" messages via WE (the Sent message would no longer display in the PP "Sent" window, but again I don't see any reason to delete "Sent" messages in this manner). I'm not aware of any ramifications, but I would advise waiting on additional feedback from other members of the Esumsoft support team (just in case, as I've never heard of anyone wanting to do this). [-X
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
lian

Post by lian »

Thanks for your quick answer. I've got eml files in all directories (junk, deleted and so on). I want to make a simple script via XYplorer to delete automatically files older than 3 monthes.
Windows 10 64 bits
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I like that reason and has my stamp of approval :mrgreen:

And, yes, it's perfectly safe to delete the .eml files
mjs

Post by mjs »

I was going to say now that I understand your objective, it sounds like a cool idea (especially with enabling those ohter types of messages (deleted, junk etc. which would of course also be .eml files) and that I'm not aware of any problems that would result from doing this since the PP .eml files are independent to PP and feel more comfortable and happy to see that Jeff has given this idea his seal of approval. Image (hmm, actually sounds like a good idea for PP :idea:)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
lian

Post by lian »

Thanks for all replies. I must now find how to code this :roll:
Windows 10 64 bits