Hotmail message problem

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ata

Hotmail message problem

Post by ata »

I don't know if this is related to other hotmail problems or not.

But, starting today with one of my hotmail accounts, it appears that PP is retrieving my mails but only gives me a blank line. When I open the message all what I get is the following:
{"Header":{"ServerVersionInfo":{"MajorVersion":15,"MinorVersion":1,"MajorBuildNumber":1061,"MinorBuildNumber":21,"Version":"V2017_04_11"}},"Body":{"ResponseMessages":{"Items":[{"__type":"GetConversationItemsResponseMessage:#Exchange","MessageText":"Data is corrupt., The format of the serialized ID is not valid. This serialized ID may belong to another other provider.","ResponseCode":"ErrorCorruptData","ResponseClass":"Error"}]}}}
mjs

Re: Hotmail message problem

Post by mjs »

Is this occurring for one specific message (or all messages)?

If all messages is this for one specific account (or all accounts)?

What version of POP Peeper are you using ("Help" > "About POP Peeper...")?

What email protocol are you using for the problematic account(s) (i.e. Server type = "Webmail", "IMAP" or "POP3")? Edit account to find Server type setting.

If it is one specific account, what does this message look like using your Hotmail account on the web?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
ata

Post by ata »

All emails for a specific account.
PP Version: 4.3.0.0
Server Type: Hotmail/Outlook
When looking at the email on the web, it is normal with no problems
mjs

Post by mjs »

ata wrote:All emails for a specific account.
PP Version: 4.3.0.0
Server Type: Hotmail/Outlook
When looking at the email on the web, it is normal with no problems
Now that we know the problem occurs for all messages for one specific account (and all other accounts do not have a problem) this helps us to know the issue is account related.

Since this is the case and your other accounts do not have a problem viewing messages, please do the following; go to "Tools" > "Options" > "General" tab and make sure that the "Advanced option" is checked (enabled) then please right-click on the problematic account and select "Edit account...", Select "Advanced" tab and make sure your "Retrieval option" is set to "Default" (which would have this account retrieve the same as your other accounts, using the "Tools" > "Options" > "Message Retrieval" for "Webmail" default retrieval setting, since the other accounts do not have this issue). If the accounts "Retrieval option" was already set to "Default" then using the main menu go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Message Retrieval" and post the "Default retrieval options" setting you are using for "Webmail".
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Also, right-click on the account in the accounts list and select 'clear cookies'
then, view an affected message and select File / re-download message
-> does that fix the problem?

If not, I'd say there's a good chance that Hotmail is rolling in a new interface. There has been a lot of reported problems (not POP Peeper-related) in the past couple of days from people talking about the web interface, so it may be related. Do you see anything new in your account when you sign into your hotmail account (not that this is definitive, there could be back-end changes that aren't visible)?
ata

Post by ata »

Just clicking on one of the affected message and doing the re-download message, fix the account. Now all messages are appearing properly.

Thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, it sounds like "something went wrong" when PP first retrieved the message, possibly due to the server-side issues that I mentioned earlier. Glad things are back to normal.