Some earlier messages now all garbled in new V. 4.4 ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
arcadian

Some earlier messages now all garbled in new V. 4.4 ?

Post by arcadian »

Just downloaded v.4.4 and now nearly all earlier messages are garbled. How do I get back to the previous version which was working fine....?

Thanks
mjs

Re: Some earlier messages now all garbled in new V. 4.4 ?

Post by mjs »

What exactly do you mean by "earlier messages are garbled? Do you mean you cannot "read" previous (older) messages in POP Peeper?

Did you download v4.4 from HERE and then click on the installer to allow POP Peeper to install v4.4?

Did you try rebooting your computer?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
rtorella

Post by rtorella »

I updated to version 4.4 and it crashed on initial opening of program. Restarted system and it opens in tray, then when you open to main window, it sits in upper left corner of screen. Cannot close program with exit button. Tried compatability settings, etc, uninstall-reinstall, nothing works in this version. Before I do any updates-upgrades I uses the backup-restore icon in the program directory. Then create a folder on desktop called PopPeeper backup (with the date + version). Then perform the backup to that folder and save to backup drive. If I ever run into upgrade update problems like this version, I can always go to the same backup-restore program and restore everything the way it was before, including version, settings and all accounts. Never had an update problem in the past but this 4.4 wont even open correctly to the page that shows my accounts and emails. Hope this helps
arcadian

Post by arcadian »

All older messages garbled as below which were readable with V.3.

Rebooted as you said and downloaded the second time from your link and then installed it again but still with the same result. However this time I tried clicking on the message across the top "blocked remote and inline images: double click here to display all images" which worked ok. However this message across the top is not appearing in the remaining garbled messages....

©°­º©¶©¨q˜³~d¥¶§¥¨­¹²©„«±¥­°r§³±QN–©§©­º©¨~d¦½dutrutwr|wr}td»­¸¬d—‘˜”d­¨d¬|{§·´wxyuxxº·¦d˜¹©pdxd…´¶dvtu{QNduu~uy~vudqt{ttdl”ˆ˜mQNœq–©§©­º©¨~d¦½dutryyru|wruwwd»­¸¬d—‘˜”d­¨d¬uv{±¶vywtwvy{µ¯ªruvurux}uwv}{vutxwQNd˜¹©pdtxd…´¶dvtu{duu~uy~vudqt{ttdl”ˆ˜mQN–©¸¹¶²q”¥¸¬~d€tutttuy¦w¥v¨
mjs

Post by mjs »

Is this occurring for all the accounts you have?

Which Email Client(s) have this problem? (Outlook.com, Yahoo, Gmail etc)?

What "Server type" (Hotmail/Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, IMAP, POP3 etc) are you using for the accounts that have this problem?

Thanks for the additional information.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
arcadian

Post by arcadian »

All 7 Gmail accounts....
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Arcadian --
1) open a message that is garbled
2) From the menu, select File / Re-download message
3) Wait for it to finish -- does the message appear correctly now?
4) If so, exit and restart POP Peeper and re-open the same message -- does the message *still* appear correctly?

rtorella -- (edit: nevermind, saw your other post)
Please start a new topic; include your original post but also answer the following:
- when you uninstalled, did you delete data files (I'm not suggesting that you should)?
- the behavior you describe sounds like there may be a window on top, preventing interaction with the main window; can you tell if the main window has the focus or not (it can be difficult to tell, but the text in the title bar of windows that do not have the focus appear lighter than normal)
arcadian

Post by arcadian »

Arcadian --
1) open a message that is garbled
2) From the menu, select File / Re-download message
3) Wait for it to finish -- does the message appear correctly now?
4) If so, exit and restart POP Peeper and re-open the same message -- does the message *still* appear correctly?

Yes it does indeed, thanks as always Jeff =D>
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you have a lot of messages that need this fix applied, you can remove them all at once (by account) and have POP Peeper retrieve them again on the next mail check:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... veFromList
("clear cookies" isn't necessary in this case)

Did you have any issues during the upgrade to v4.4? e.g. Did you use "End Task" or anything?
arcadian

Post by arcadian »

All messages working fine now thanks, and no issues at all during the upgrade just clicking on the usual link that appears. It was only then I discovered the garbled messages.