Yahoo mail blocked

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
EsForOC

Yahoo mail blocked

Post by EsForOC »

This is also a reply to other topic "Error: Try again later. (-20)" yesterday
Made this new topic to mention the issue in the topic title.

Error:
Yahoo mail blocking PopPeeper to notify new Yahoo mail, showing little yellow "!" on PopPeeper-mini icon

Cause of this error:
Yahoo just seems to raised their security a step further, which is good.
(probably to fight viruses like the recent WannaCry)
So,from today Yahoo wont' let other software, like PopPeeper, auto login,
UNLESS YOUR EXPLICIT CONSENT.
Esumsoft/PopPeeper have already solved this issue (thanks,guys !) by putting
a link called "OAuth2.." in PopPeeper's account edit window.
Solution:
Just click on "OAuth2.." and you are directed to the Yahoo consent window,
where you sign with your ordinary Yahoo-password.
(You are then signing your consent for PopPeeper to auto login to your Yahoo-mail)
Step by step:
1.In the PopPeeper window, chose your Yahoo-account line
2.Top menu->Accounts->Edit..->OAuth2..
3.Yahoo sign window opens. Sign using your normal Yahoo mail password
4.DONE! (Now PopPeeper will immediately auto login to Yahoo as usual again)
You will now receive a confirm email from Yahoo o this.

God luck!
spc3rd

Re: Yahoo mail blocked

Post by spc3rd »

Welcome to the Esumsoft Forums, EsForOC.

(1) - The particular content of your post regarding Yahoo email has been discussed in a number of other topics within the Forums since June 2016, when issues were first being reported. Jeff and other members of The Esumsoft Team have provided considerable information/guidance in response.

(2) - in addition, specific information about Yahoo settings and the use of Oauth2 is available on the Esumsoft FAQ page HERE.

(3) - As you are a new member of the Forums, The Esumsoft Team recommends you review the following Sticky topic:
Information for new users and forum members.

It contains important information about the Forums and POP Peeper, along with links to additional resources which new members need to be aware of.

* In the first paragraph of your post you stated:
"This is also a reply to other topic "Error: Try again later. (-20)" yesterday
Made this new topic to mention the issue in the topic title.
"

Please note that if you wish to reply to an existing topic by another forum member, your reply should be made in that topic, rather than creating a new topic.

Thank you & best regards,
Global Moderator
EsForOC

Post by EsForOC »

:oops:
Hi again,

Now I realize I have really made a fool of myself here. Since my Yahoo mail PopPeeper started blocking today, I thought I was one of the first to experience this issue and I just wanted to pay back a little after using the fantastic PopPeeper for free for a few years now.

I now realize that as a total e-mail amateur, I have absolutely nothing of value to add to this forum. As spc3rd pointed out, the entire issue is already covered in the FAQs and other places.

I wasn't aware of the skills and seriousness surrounding my loved PopPeeper. It reminds me of my own "working place" SketchUp which also has a forum with highly skilled pros like you and with same kind of very structured tech and user info in forum and website.

Since everything was already covered and this topic was created in a bad way by me, maybe you, spc3rd, being a mod, could remove my entire topic so it does not causes confusion.

For me,I just copy-pasted your kind answer to a MS-Word doc which I will have as a "bible" with all its links for my future questions about PopPeeper and the forum. I if that doesn't help, I now know there is an impressive competence to find here.

Thank you for your patience with a "rookie" like me!

Kind Regards
EsForOC
Sweden
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

EsForOC -- Don't worry about it :) In fact, your post is still very useful because even though some people's Yahoo accounts have been forced into using Oauth2 going back to last year, your experience goes to show that Yahoo is *still* forcing this behavior on user's accounts and there may still be some people that need to know it.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Hello EsForOC,

For simplicity, I will post my responses (in red, italics font) beneath each of your paragraphs below.
EsForOC wrote::oops:
Hi again,

Now I realize I have really made a fool of myself here. Since my Yahoo mail PopPeeper started blocking today, I thought I was one of the first to experience this issue and I just wanted to pay back a little after using the fantastic PopPeeper for free for a few years now.

[RESPONSE]: Quite the contrary, you have not made a fool of yourself, and your desire to contribute in the Forums is to be commended!

I now realize that as a total e-mail amateur, I have absolutely nothing of value to add to this forum. As spc3rd pointed out, the entire issue is already covered in the FAQs and other places.

[RESPONSE]: For what it is worth, most all of us started as "amateurs", so-to-speak, when we began using POP Peeper. It just takes time to become accustomed to using the program, the Forums, and learning how and where to find solutions to various problems you might encounter along the way. Be assured - you are a valued member of the forum community, and opportunities will certainly present themselves for you to contribute here!

I wasn't aware of the skills and seriousness surrounding my loved PopPeeper. It reminds me of my own "working place" SketchUp which also has a forum with highly skilled pros like you and with same kind of very structured tech and user info in forum and website.

[RESPONSE]: I appreciate the compliment, though I don't (personally) consider myself to be a "highly-skilled" pro. We have many quite-knowledgeable Forum Members here, as well as, other Esumsoft Team members who are even more knowledgeable than I. There are times when I may not be able to provide sufficient help to someone experiencing a particular problem, but another person can, and vice-versa.

Since everything was already covered and this topic was created in a bad way by me, maybe you, spc3rd, being a mod, could remove my entire topic so it does not causes confusion.

[RESPONSE]: While your topic post could be removed, I will leave it as is. Your inquiry & the information provided in my initial reply to you may well be of help to another new forum member when they read your post.

For me,I just copy-pasted your kind answer to a MS-Word doc which I will have as a "bible" with all its links for my future questions about PopPeeper and the forum. I if that doesn't help, I now know there is an impressive competence to find here.

[RESPONSE]: There is indeed a 'wealth' of information available via the resources mentioned in the Sticky topic, entitled, "Information for new users and Forum members".
Many issues which POP Peeper users may encounter often have a resolution already available.

On occasions when a resolution for a problem may not be so readily apparent, we have these forums, where members can obtain help from the Esumsoft Team and forum membership itself

Thank you for your patience with a "rookie" like me!

[RESPONSE]: You are quite welcome!
(FWIW, patience is indeed an attribute members of the Esumsoft Team always endeavor to have, in volunteering our time here to help others with issues they may be experiencing).

Kind Regards
EsForOC
Sweden
If you should have any questions, suggestions, or comments, feel free to let us know!

Best regards & again...welcome aboard! :)

(I just noticed that Jeff had already posted before I completed mine) ](*,)
Global Moderator