SSL Certificate - Yahoo

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jdbliss

SSL Certificate - Yahoo

Post by jdbliss »

Hello,
Since yesterday all of my Yahoo accounts are failing with a "SSL connection failed (certificate failed: certificate has expired (10))" error.
None of the gmail accounts in PP fail.

Thanks for you help!

John

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.4.0.0
Webmail: 4.4.3.0
SSL: 1.0.2.11
IMAP: 4.4.0.0
RSS: 4.3.0.0
SendMail: 4.4.0.0
Chime: 3.0.0.0
Notification Skin: 4.3.0.0
Notification Voice: 4.3.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.3.0.0
Spell Checker: 4.4.0.0

--- Error ---
XXXXXXX [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1] [Consec: 1]
- SSL connection failed (certificate failed: certificate has expired (10))
Last edited by mjs on Mon May 22, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted email address information for security reasons
mjs

Re: SSL Certificate - Yahoo

Post by mjs »

jdbliss, there is another POP Peeper (v4.4.1.0) release that provides additional certificates that may solve your problem, please click HERE for additional information on this at the bottom of this announcement topic.

If the update to v4.4.1 does not help (which may not because Windows should have the Yahoo certificate) then please CLICK HERE for a post by Jeff that includes additional options to try.

Please post back as far as which option solved your problem.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
jdbliss

Post by jdbliss »

Thanks. Trying out 4.4.1.
Norton AV flagged SSLEAY32.dll
After restoring, my emails came in.
Again, thanks!
John
mjs

Post by mjs »

Thanks John for posting back, so the v4.4.1 update is what did the trick! Image (you're feedback is helpful, so then alternate options were not necessary... interesting -- it occurs to me that perhaps Norton had flagged SSLEAY32.dll for v4.4.0 as well and was not noticed at the time so possibly PP was using the old SSLEAY32.dll as a result which may have caused the problem with PP.... just surmising... )
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
jdbliss

Post by jdbliss »

No other entry in the Norton logs for it. It was a Download Insight reaction. It had very little trust for the file so it tried to quarantine it.
mjs

Post by mjs »

One would think that Norton would have quarantined the same file prior to this as well... Why this time is my point?!?....

Nevertheless, what's important is the problem is now solved. =D>