new priority folder in hotmail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
josejoa

new priority folder in hotmail

Post by josejoa »

I can't receive notifications of new emails that hotmail saves in the new priority folder, i only receive notifications of new emails from the "others" folder. This is a new feature of hotmail and i think it must be adapted to Pop Peeper, many thanks in advance.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: new priority folder in hotmail

Post by Jeff »

You basically have two choices:
1) If you don't care about the focused/other difference, you can disable it in your account by clicking on "Filter" and then disable "show focused inbox" (this is in your Hotmail account using your webbrowser).

2) If you prefer to keep the focused inbox for when you access mail in your webbrowser, then you'll need to switch your account in POP Peeper to use IMAP, which will retrieve all your inbox messages. Edit the account in POP Peeper and change the "server type" to IMAP.

Note: there are currently no plans to support the filtered inboxes via the webmail protocol as one of the 2 above options is all that you need to do.
josejoa

Post by josejoa »

Thank you very much Jeff for your kindly and rapid answer, solved :wink:
tjpsnj

Post by tjpsnj »

Unbelievable!
We have to look to Jeff for Microsoft support.
What will they break next? Pretty soon nothing but Microsoft will be allowed in windows and we will all be learning unix....
God forbid I have to learn to exist with the further limits of mac.

Jeff thanks once again for being way ahead of the game. You are truly awesome.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I don't use the Hotmail interface too often, but I recently used one of my old hotmail accounts to receive a verification code. I realized it wasn't an account that monitor with POP Peeper so I went to hotmail.com and the email containing the verification code wasn't there. After a few minutes, I looked again and that's when I realized it had that priority/other thing and there it was in "other." Had I just used my standard "registration" email account I would have avoided the whole thing, but at least I got a reminder of that Hotmail "feature" :)