Cannot Activate new version

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rtorella

Cannot Activate new version

Post by rtorella »

Installed Popeeper 4.41 + Ad On Pack. After system restart activation screen came up. Entered correct info and received error "access to licppro.dat was denied". Tried 3 times. Removed both licppro files and tried again. Now get "too many attempts try later error#20.

Waited 1 hour and still receive the "too many attempts try later" message

Cool program, I use is all the time. Never had had so many problems as with current and previous version installs. Current version insisted on relocating my INI file to a diff folder in Users, etc. I keep everything in Prog Files 86, POPpeeper folder for backups and restores. Why change things on me??

Ray
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Cannot Activate new version

Post by Jeff »

I replied via email before reading this, but you'll see that my reply involves moving the files. Sorry, but that's required by Windows UAC and is out of POP Peeper's control. Windows does this for security reasons.
rtorella

Post by rtorella »

Hi Jeff,

Saw your email. followed instructions on moving ini file. closed program, reopened and now it says "invalid license". Same one I have had for several years.

Thanks
mjs

Post by mjs »

Please contact Jeff via email since he will need information to find your license, so please reply to the email address that was used by Jeff to contact you previously or alternately use the web contact form and make sure to include the email address you used to purchase the Plus Pack (aka Addon Pack) as well as reference this topic in your message.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
rtorella

Post by rtorella »

Thanks for your replies. Jeff was able to locate the problem. In previous versions, I always stored account info in Programs x86\PopPeeper folder, then made backups and such. New version apparently needs account info + INI file in Users\Name\Roaming\PopPeeper folderJeff had me open PopPeeper and go to options, storage. 2nd box down that said DATA was deleted from that line. Then closed PopPeeper and reopened. Then PopPeeper msg box said was going to move my accounts to new location in Users, etc. Let the program do its thing. Then closed and reopened wher the activation box appeared. Put in my usual info and wala, activated without a hitch.

Thanks Jeff for always coming up with a quick fix (not bandaid) to minor issues as they arrive. Thought I would post the steps in the event another user runs into similar situation

Ray
mjs

Post by mjs »

rtorella wrote:.... Thought I would post the steps in the event another user runs into similar situation

Ray
Thanks for taking the time to post the feedback Ray, more specifically for the reason you have stated. Image
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers