Problem since Creators Update

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
crabboy

Problem since Creators Update

Post by crabboy »

Since I ran the Creators Update on Win 10 I have had problems with HTML. I set the default to "Rich Text", then open HTML in messages from known sources. Since the update, opening a message in HTML and returning to the main window locks up Pop Peeper. I have to shut it down and restart it. What can I do to fix this?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Problem since Creators Update

Post by Jeff »

Do you happen to have Nielsen Online installed?

The behavior you describe is exactly what 2 other people have described, and they both had Nielsen installed. For more information, see this post:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6933&p=35017&hilit=nielsen#p35017

Let us know if that's the problem or not.
crabboy

Post by crabboy »

No, I do not have that program. In the last few days I have not encountered tthe problem (knock on wood).
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, glad to hear it's working again. But let us know if you see it happen again.
crabboy

Post by crabboy »

It's happened again. I am running 4.5 It may or may not have to do with Yahoo Mail. When I try to view Yahoo mail messages in HTML, it glitches. It does not matter if I use Pop3, IMAP, or Yahoo. This does not seem to happen with messages from other sources.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Do you have any messages from before you installed v4.4 that were working and now don't work in v4.5? ie. do you think that there was a direct correlation between upgrading to v4.5 and the problem returning, or do you think that upgrading was just a coincidence?

Can you send me the message source for an email that causes the problem? You can do this from the message list if it's more convenient:
Right-click on the message and then select View -> Message source
This will open the source in your default text editor: save the message and then email that to me as an attachment (support at esumsoft dot com).
crabboy

Post by crabboy »

Jeff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:31 pm Do you have any messages from before you installed v4.4 that were working and now don't work in v4.5? ie. do you think that there was a direct correlation between upgrading to v4.5 and the problem returning, or do you think that upgrading was just a coincidence?
The problem predated 4.5, so that is not the problem.
The problem has subsided again. If it returns, I will send the the source info. Thanks for your patience.
crabboy

Post by crabboy »

Spoke too soon. The prbolem emails seem to be from Redbox to my Yahoo mail account.
I will send the source info.